Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How to deal with extreme dysphoria after a rejection? (Possible Trigger Warning)

Started by whatisthis, May 04, 2019, 02:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatisthis

Yeah this may upset some of you, it would upset me if I were reading this.

I have been friends with this girl since high school and we were platonic until she developed a crush on me. She did not know about me being trans at the time.
I rejected her then because I did not want to hurt her in any way once she found out I was trans, and I also did not want to hurt myself in the event that she had second thoughts after coming out. I was especially not ready to deal with any dysphoria or discomfort because I didn't really accept myself at the time. So I rejected everyone equally as a way of avoiding the inevitable.

After I rejected her we didn't speak for two years. Two years later we met up again just to catch up, and she seemed interested in being friends and so was I. We talked for a few months and then she started to act in a romantic way with me. I was more open to pursuing a relationship and was interested in being with her but still put off coming out to her. I did NOT do anything sexual with her, or anything that could have possibly made her feel "betrayed". Even when she tried to come onto me I would just ignore her attempts and waited it out until I came out to her. I also enjoyed the feeling of just being a regular dude. I enjoyed the attention and the feeling of being "normal".

Not long after things became kind of weird, I felt it was unfair of me to stay stealth, so I came out to her. She reacted the way I had expected her to react: she was friendly and curious. She asked if I had any surgeries (I had top surgery only), and if my previous girlfriend from high school was straight or lesbian before we started to date. I then stopped talking to her because I couldn't deal with the idea of her changing how she felt about me after I came out. If there is one thing that I have learned, it's that everyone (no matter who they are) changes the way they look at you whether they like it or not. It's like a fuse that once activated, it cannot be undone.

Well, earlier this year we met up again and decided to go to a museum. She didn't bring up any trans business at all. It was like things were the same as always. I was just me and we had fun together. I was weirded out when she began to hold my hand in public, in front of all these people (middle of Manhattan!) I then took this as a sign that she was still interested in me. We held hands, and she was pretty clingy to me the whole day. Not to mention that in the past she would kiss my neck and stare at my lips on several occasions.

A couple of weeks later, I decided to bring up how we keep acting weird around one another and "couply" in public. I told her that I was interested in seeing where it went and she seemed to be genuinely excited with this. I felt excited as well, and left feeling really happy.

A couple of more weeks passed and we were talking about our relationship once more, and she said she was only interested in being "buddies". I was confused by this and calmly asked why. She gave me three reasons:
1) Our personalities are very different (they are, but we get along great regardless)
2) She enjoys being single and is tired of being "the girlfriend". She wants to figure herself out and doesn't want to commit with anyone.
But #3 hurt the most. Before she said it, she said that this reason was purely selfish, and that she felt terrible about it. I already knew what was coming. She said that oral sex and the use of toys is "nice and all", but that she "needed a dick" in her life. She enjoyed the "feel" of it, the way it reacts, the way it feels, and the intimacy of PIV sex.

I felt all of the warmth in my body just drain, and that has never happened to me before. I had already thought plenty of times about the lack of intimacy that I would always miss out on, simply because I would never be able to feel my partner the way a cis-male would feel. This absolutely DESTROYED me in the past, and it absolutely destroyed me now.

She said that she felt horrible and that she thought it "invalidated" me, and she felt bad that no matter what I do, I will always have that problem. I felt angry in the moment, not only with myself (dysphoria), but at her as well for feeling selfish. I told her to shut up and that it was not her problem, and that I already knew about the reality of my existence and that she should stay out of it. I realized later that it was actually her problem, whether I liked it or not and that I acted "immaturely" and extremely defensively.

She then asked me if I would date a "girl who had a dick" and I told her I would, if she didn't use it. She then said "Wow, love is love" and I said "Yes it is. Why should I miss out on an opportunity to be happy, just because of a minor inconvenience?" I was truthful with my response, and then laughed and told her to not feel like I was attacking her with my answer. She then just kept on saying that she still felt selfish no matter what.

A couple of days later, I apologized for my reaction and she said again "sorry, but it just isn't something that I could live without".

We are still talking as "buddies" BTW, so it's not like she just completely lost interest in me. She just isn't interested in a more intimate relationship, but that is not the issue here.
  •  

whatisthis

I have a nice little update!

One of the ways that I felt some relief and optimism tonight is by looking at phallo results on transbucket. I used to have a pretty harsh view on bottom surgery, but from what I've been looking at and reading these past few months, it looks and works fine. It may not be perfect, but I've been learning that not only does perfection not exist, I don't have to be!

So as much as it hurts to be rejected over something I have no power over, I am now taking bottom surgery much more seriously. In the event that she ever sees this, thank you!
  •  

Kylo

Do not blame people for liking what they like and wanting what they want. There is no transphobia in someone wanting or being attracted to flesh and blood penises. None of us - cis or trans - are entitled to someone finding us attractive. Nor does it help you or anyone else to get angry about it.

I would also add that as a male, dating rejection in general is a reality, whether you have a natural penis, a phalloplasty or not. Men are rejected routinely much more than women are in the "dating game", practically every man alive has experienced rejection in this capacity. If I were you I would familiarize yourself with this fact of life and come to some sort of peace with it. The best way to make yourself appealing mate material as a man even after any phallo is to better yourself and your position. Get fit, get a job, gain confidence, master yourself.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: whatisthis on May 04, 2019, 04:23:15 AM
I have a nice little update!

One of the ways that I felt some relief and optimism tonight is by looking at phallo results on transbucket. I used to have a pretty harsh view on bottom surgery, but from what I've been looking at and reading these past few months, it looks and works fine. It may not be perfect, but I've been learning that not only does perfection not exist, I don't have to be!

So as much as it hurts to be rejected over something I have no power over, I am now taking bottom surgery much more seriously. In the event that she ever sees this, thank you!

@whatisthis
     Dear Whatisthis:
     Wow... I see that you became a member of Susan's Place almost 5 years ago in August of 2014.... and you have just started posting in the forums today with you 2 posts on this thread. 
     I am so very glad that you have become a member here and I am pleased to see that you found the Susan's Place Forums. 

Please know that I am not ignoring your questions and concerns that you stated BUT first things first, we have to get the Welcoming task done tell you more about Susan's Place so that you can best find what you are looking for here.

As you post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@whatisthis
Oh, and another thing Whatisthis...
Please plan to write a post and tell us briefly tell us about yourself in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let you have your thread back so you can continue your conversation.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Ryuichi13

Kylo is correct in that us men, (both cis and trans) get rejected on a regular basis by women while in the dating world.  Whether it's because of things we can't help, such as height, or personality clashes, or things we can, such as weight or even hair color, rejection happens.  Women, (and biologically all female creatures really) have shaped the way cis males have evolved, simply by choosing to mate with a male that has the characteristics they find pleasing.  Bright feathers, larger size, brains, a longer tail, whatever the reason, it is why there is such a diversity in the many males creatures of the world, from insects to fish to humans.

You story is simply another in a billion reasons why a female has not chosen you.  She's simply not interested in you "in that way," it seems. 

You have my sympathy.

However, not only is phallo a valid way for us FTMs to obtain a penis, but there are also "pack and play" artificial penises that are specifically manufactured for us.  Often they not only can work sexually as a penis for us, but some even come with a vibrator attachment.  They may be a bit on the expensive side, but until you have your phallo surgery, they could effectively function as a penis for sexual pleasure between you and any partner, bringing pleasure to both.  It is also something to look into...for that next partner you may end up with.

Good luck bro. 

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

•