Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transdermal hrt question

Started by FridayJones, May 05, 2019, 07:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayJones

hey  :)   in Reading all the instructions for using hrt gel, it always says not to use on breasts. I've always accepted that without question but today it occurs to me, is that really just meant for cis women who's skin on their breasts is micro thin?  I would say the skin of my breasts is thinner that it used to be but marginally, nothing at all like a cis woman's skin there...

so I'm wondering if it might be OK for a trans woman to apply gel there? does anyone have any opinions or lived experience in this matter? thanks x
  •  

KathyLauren

I suspect it is because the flesh below the skin where it is applied will get a higher dose of E than the rest of the body.  You don't want to overdose the breasts, since E can trigger breast cancer.  The risk may be low, but doctors want to keep the risk as low as they can.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

FridayJones

Hi KathyLauren, thanks for the response, it does make sense  :)  I'm having quite good results, and am reasonably content with my lot, but more wouldn't hurt  ;D  but health is paramount of course x
  •  

DebbySoufflage

I apply my HRT patch to the breasts once every other week.
I alternate between tummy and breasts.

When applying them on the breasts I feel more energetic.
Probably because much more gets absorbed that way.
I'm not worried about breast cancer personally.
  •  

KayXo

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 05, 2019, 07:53:59 AM
E can trigger breast cancer.

Not so. No studies have so far established a causal effect. High dose E is used in ciswomen with advanced breast cancer. Certain studies found the risk was reduced with E alone.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

DebbySoufflage

Quote from: KayXo on May 05, 2019, 02:09:31 PM
Not so. No studies have so far established a causal effect. High dose E is used in ciswomen with advanced breast cancer. Certain studies found the risk was reduced with E alone.

I feel much more energetic on high levels of E.
I have applied E2 to my breasts for years and honestly never have noticed anything negative.
I self control my breasts regularly but I don't think my risk is elevated by applying my E2 on the boobs.
The absorption also seems to be better there based on how I feel.

Luv,
Debby
  •  

Bea1968

I had wondered about that too.  Thanks for bringing it up. 
  •  

pamelatransuk

This is interesting and merits further investigation.

It would be worthwhile knowing why doctors advise against the practice of applying to boobs and secondly any further examples of transgirls who have practised it and any noticeable result.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

GingerVicki

I was informed that it was a really bad idea from multiple sources. Now I am interested.
  •  

Linde

The best transdermal absorption rates are through soft skin over fatty tissue. I assume that most boobs have soft skin, and if they are large enough, they also have a lot of fatty tissue.  I just would be concerned with adverse skin reactions, for the case that somebody is allergic to the adhesive, or has very sensitive skin (like I).
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

FridayJones

Quote from: pamelatransuk on May 07, 2019, 03:37:27 AM
This is interesting and merits further investigation.

It would be worthwhile knowing why doctors advise against the practice of applying to boobs and secondly any further examples of transgirls who have practised it and any noticeable result.

Hugs

Pamela

Interesting that trans women are doing this and so far it seems without ill effect.   I'm not a fan of combining the adjective and noun into a new word, I'm an old fuddy duddy  :angel:
  •  

FridayJones

Quote from: Linde on May 08, 2019, 12:01:54 AM
The best transdermal absorption rates are through soft skin over fatty tissue. I assume that most boobs have soft skin, and if they are large enough, they also have a lot of fatty tissue.  I just would be concerned with adverse skin reactions, for the case that somebody is allergic to the adhesive, or has very sensitive skin (like I).

That was what I wondered, if anything it seems an ideal part to put it on, where the skin is likely thinnest!  I'm using gel so no need to worry about adhesive, I'm going to try!
  •  

FridayJones

Quote from: KayXo on May 05, 2019, 02:09:31 PM

very interesting!!
  •