Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

On top of the world - being Misgendered!

Started by KristySims, May 07, 2019, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KristySims

I'm still shaking...  so.  I decided to hit Kohls up and buy some of the winter clearance stuff (Guy Clothes) because I plan to be 100% probably starting in January???  after my FFS.  Anyways I have lost like 30 lbs and ALL of my guy clothes are too big and falling off me at work. So I figured I'd run over there during lunch (It only 5 miles away) and I am in full 100% work guy cloths...  anyway jackpot $2 buck shirts marked down from like $60....  and 20 min later (Guy stuff is so easy to buy)  I walk up to the counter with like 20 shirts and the cashier was trying to get me a discount because it is not me that normally shops at Kohls so they are trying to pull up my wife's info and ask me if I just want to open an account..I'm thinking it's about time I had my own card..  anyways she was having a problem and called over the department manager. Sweet older lady probably in her 70's looks up and asks me "Ma'am did you want to open a seperate account?" and it didn't register with me at all because I was trying to get my ID out, so I just said "Excuse me?" well my voice surgery isn't until July and she start apologizing profusely! and I am like "What? What happened?"  She said I'm soooo sorry I thought you were a woman!"  Okay so I start to like tear up, because unbeknownst to her that was the biggest compliment anyone could EVER make to me. And she starts saying "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry"  and I said no you don't understand. I'm transgender and I am in the middle of transitioning so you just paid me the most amazing compliment.  I quickly showed her a picture of me (Actually my Avatar picture) and she comes around the corner and hugs me and said I looked amazing.  She went on to tell me she had a niece that was just coming out! So after paying, she took me to a managers desk and proceeded to make me a $50 Kohl's cash coupon to use on my new wardrobe!  I was at this point crying all over the place and getting hugs from strangers lol  I felt so amazing!
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow!  What an amazing, and affirmative experience!  I can totally relate to the tearing up!

Congratulations, and may the transition be as smooth as possible.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@KristySimsx
Dear Kristy:
Usually when I read about someone being mis-gendered it is bad news.... but in your case and how you described your adventure at Kohls...

This is really VERY GOOD NEWS !!!!

I am very happy for you.   I imagine that you are very pleased with the comments and hugs that you recieved.

Thank you for sharing your good report with your followers.

HUGS,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

CynthiaAnn

How nice Kristy, that is a happy experience, and many more to follow.

Your avatar picture does look amazing....

Have a wonderful day

Cynthia -
  •  

randim

Congratulations!  That sounds like such an affirming experience.  And by the way girl, you're just gonna have to get used to it.  ;) 

The only experience I've had anything like that was sometime back I swung by a department store on the way home from work to get a nightgown.  Just totally in male mode.  The sales clerk who rang up the purchase was an older Asian lady.  As she was handing me the bad she said something to the effect of "Have a good evening Miss Randall."  I just thanked her and walked off feeling totally elated.  I have no idea why she said that.  I guess I just didn't give off a gift vibe off while buying a feminine garment.  But for whatever reason, it was sweet.
  •  

Bea1968

That is so awesome!   Wow, teared up a little thinking how that must have felt for you. 

Thank you for sharing,

Bea
  •  

Faith

so very awesome for you Kristy, I'm very happy for you!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

HappyMoni

Kristy,
   Looking at your pictures, I get why this happened. I love this story. I had this happen once when wearing guy clothes. An older guy tried to stop me from going in the men's room. His face hit the floor when I told him it was okay, not to worry. This story makes me want to go to Kohl's, lol. Good luck with your transition.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Maid Marion

•  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

KristySims

So I wanted to follow up with my story.  This last week I decided to use my $50 Kohls cash.... dressed as me and after about an hour and a half trying on stuff (lol so funny how much longer it takes as a woman for me) I go to the checkout and there is like 20 people in front of me and they call in some extra cashiers to help clear the line and one of the "extras" was the store manager that gave me the discount and the Kohls cash and just as luck would have it I landed at her counter!  So I walk up and she says "Did you find everything okay ma'am?"  and I walk up and smile and cock my head a little giving her a little awkward silence.... I didn't want to say anything to give it away and she says "Is everything okay?" and I tip my glasses down a little and she gets this BIG smile and says "Insert Dead-And-Dying name here" is that you!? and I winked at her and nodded yes :)  she says "I would have never recognized you!" anyways she gives me another 30% off and a big hug!   OMG what a great week!   
  •  

Bea1968

•  

LizK

So great...how affirming for you...the whole story bought a smile to my face.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LauraE

How incredibly affirming. Congratulations Kristy.
When you're ready, start living your truth.
That's when the magic happens.

Laura Full-Time: November 27, 2020

My FFS Journey   | One New Life to Life (my blog)  |  Should I Stay or Should I Go |   My Breast Augmentation

•  

KristySims

•