Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Wiping after peeing

Started by TheRitz, May 07, 2019, 01:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRitz

So I understand the front to back, it makes sense.  That said i've been suffering recurring UTI's, about 3 in the last 2 some off months.

When you use toilet paper are you supposed to just wipe the outside or are you supposed to wipe a tiny bit inside?  Trying to diagnose if I am doing something wrong.  These UTI's are really annoying and well self hygiene is a lot more difficult then it was prior to SRS.  Normally when I wipe the paper doesn't really get wet.
  •  

Michelle_P

Try just pressing a clean tissue ONCE against the vulva, then drop it in the bowl.  Wiping often is unconsciously done twice with the same tissue, transferring bacteria from near the anus back to the meatus, the end of the urethra, infecting it.

Also, try to urinate after each dilation or other contact with the vulva and meatus in particular.

I also suggest getting a hand bidet for use at home.  This is basically a little spray nozzle with hose that connects to the toilet tank fill line, and lets you spray clean the bottom, after which you just pat dry with a clean tissue.

In the shower, a removable shower head on a hose can be used to similar purpose, to spray one's bottom clean.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

It's a whole different set of issues Post op [emoji6] My personal take on it is....One piece of paper one swipe and sometimes they are wet and sometimes not so much.  I also use toilet wipes (pre moistened towelettes) to wipe with again one towelette one swipe.

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Marcie237

I recommend a portable bidet ($10 ebay) and then blot with Quilted Northern (no tp-litter) front to back.

As to chronic UTI, I myself had it and am in the process of cleaning blood etc that will take probably another couple months so 3 months or more total and will then report a followup on a UTI thread that I've already commented on (Lugol's, Sangre de Drago, Bob Becks protocol, filtered water, alkaline diet).
No pain, no pain. - I suggest gentle and persistent. (GCS 1975)
  •