Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

New in transitioning and need your help for some questions.

Started by Youngtrans, May 07, 2019, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngtrans

Hi! I am Hazal
I am on Androcur now almost for 1 and half month. I have male pattern baldness unfortunately! and as you can imagine ıt makes very bothered and I just wanna die because of this. Do you think that Androcur can stop ıt? and ıf there is someone using Androcur, what kind of side affect you are experiencing?
Do you advise me anything for my hair loss and any advise for my transition?
By the way, In my country we cannot use Oestrogen before 1 and half year use of any anti-androgen.
Thank you all in advance.
Love and peace :)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Youngtrans on May 07, 2019, 03:33:36 PM
Hi! I am Hazal
I am on Androcur now almost for 1 and half month. I have male pattern baldness unfortunately! and as you can imagine ıt makes very bothered and I just wanna die because of this. Do you think that Androcur can stop ıt? and ıf there is someone using Androcur, what kind of side affect you are experiencing?
Do you advise me anything for my hair loss and any advise for my transition?
By the way, In my country we cannot use Oestrogen before 1 and half year use of any anti-androgen.
Thank you all in advance.
Love and peace :)

@Youngtrans 
Dear Hazal:
     Please know that it is not my intention to sidetrack your conversation here on this thread,
but First Things First, you need to be Officially Welcomed to Susan's Place and the Forums, and given some information and rules that will allow you to safely navigate around the Forums.

I am so very glad that you have become a member here and that you have posted several times now since your became a member early this morning.   I am happy to see that you found the Susan's Place Forums. 

As you post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Youngtrans
Oh, and another thing Hazal...
Please plan to write a post and tell us briefly tell us about yourself in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let you have your thread back so that the conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

Once MPB has started, it can be slowed or halted, but regrowth is uncommon.  Androcur (cyproterone) should slow or stop your hair loss.

I can't tell you yet about side effects.  I have only been on cypro for three days so far.  I was on spironolactone for two and a half years prior to that.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sophiaprincess2019

Youngtrans, welcome to SP. As far as your medications are concerned, only a licensed and qualified medical practitioner, like an Endocrinologist, should advise you about what medications are suitable for you based on a variety of medical factors and testing.

Now advice on transition in general, such as the social implications, just about anyone who has, or is, going through transition could share his/her experiences. Your hair loss and re-growth are but one aspect of changing your gender and perhaps it may help if you have an "overall person" approach to transition. Hyper-focusing on one body part usually leads  to attention on ONE area and leaves other areas, worthy of consideration, out of focus to be dealt with at a later time.

I find it helpful, when I'm dis-satisfied with a particular non-feminine aspect of my body, to pay particular attention to things that bring me joy and happiness rather than discomfort and anxiety. I think some transition management tools and tips like these could help "smooth out" some of the rough spots transition brings.

Best of luck, we are all in support of you.

Sophia
1968 Born male but actually girl
1978 Played in girl clothes
1988 Dressed in girl clothes
1998 Wanted to be a girl socially
2008 Trying lying to myself
2018 Dreamed of becoming a girl
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman
2-22-2019 Started HRT
  •  

GingerVicki

Once DHT is blocked it should help you retain/regrow hair.
  •  

Dani

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is responsible to male pattern baldness. The most common medication that blocks the conversion of Testosterone into DHT is Finasteride. Finasteride is prescribed by your doctor. Just ask for some.

There are side effects with Finasteride, but most of us have no problem with them.
  •