Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Technology issues

Started by Cindy, May 12, 2019, 03:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

I came across this classic in British TV humour and decided to share it.

I know that @Kendra @Laurie @LizK among many others have loving connections with Fruit.

•  

Alice V

It's awesome XD
though I don't understand part of it. Guess it's ok in case of british humor but mine problem more linguistic :) anyway, I definitely like part that I understand :)
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

LizK

I want an eggsbox 1 myself[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Brilliant loved  it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Perry

That was hysterical, thanks for sharing!
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

Linde

I wonder what would happen, if he would re-boot the eggsbox?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AnneK

I watched that video years ago, when a friend sent the link.

Alice V.  Yes, if you're not familiar with English and British humour, you might not get it.  A lot of British humour is implicit, so if you don't know the background, you won't get the joke.  It tends to me more intelligent than the blatant stuff that's closer to stupidity than humour that we so often see these days.

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Alice V

QuoteAlice V.  Yes, if you're not familiar with English and British humour, you might not get it.  A lot of British humour is implicit, so if you don't know the background, you won't get the joke.  It tends to me more intelligent than the blatant stuff that's closer to stupidity than humour that we so often see these days.
As I said, my problem is more linguistic. Probably you didn't get what I said due my bad explanation, sorry :)

We often just talking that way and usually don't call it humor but it still funny.
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

Lisa89125

I like this one too.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

LizK

The English language...as clear as Mud
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Alice V on May 12, 2019, 09:24:46 AM
As I said, my problem is more linguistic. Probably you didn't get what I said due my bad explanation, sorry :)

We often just talking that way and usually don't call it humor but it still funny.

I think that all of the jokes were based on English puns, which someone might not get if they don't know all of the meanings of the words.  In this sketch,

blackberry = kind of fruit = brand of smartphone;
juice = fruit juice = electrical power;
frozen = icy cold = 'phone or computer screen not changing or updating;
orange = kind of fruit = mobile network company;
black spots = dark patches = places with no mobile 'phone or Internet coverage;
desktop = top of desk = large personal computer that permanently stays on a desk;
mouse = small rodent = device for moving cursor and selecting objects on computer screen;
drag = move something by pulling it = use the mouse to move something on a computer screen;

I'm not sure what "drag the blackberry to the track" means.  Is it something to do with trackpads, also known as touch pads?  Perhaps someone else could interpret this one.

launch = set something in motion, e.g. launch a rocket into space = start or introduce a computer, 'phone or software application;
windows = panes of glass = Windows Operating System;
date = kind of fruit = calendar or diary day;
apple = kind of fruit = brand of computer;
dongle = in this context, suggestive of penis (sometimes called a dong) = usb device to e.g. connect to the Internet;
booting = kicking = starting computer;
crashed =  smashed into something = computer operating system stopped working;
eggs box (sounds a bit like Xbox) = box of eggs = brand of gaming console.

•  

AnneK

Quote from: AnneK on May 12, 2019, 09:03:52 AM
I watched that video years ago, when a friend sent the link.

Alice V.  Yes, if you're not familiar with English and British humour, you might not get it.  A lot of British humour is implicit, so if you don't know the background, you won't get the joke.  It tends to me more intelligent than the blatant stuff that's closer to stupidity than humour that we so often see these days.

When I wrote that, I thought about a lot of comedians and comics, from back in the '60s, 70s and earlier, one of them being Tim Conway.  Sadly he passed away today.  His skits on the Carol Burnett show were priceless!

Tim Conway, American comedy star, dead at 85   :(
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/obit-tim-conway-1.5135359
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •