News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Facial lip and eye brow tattooing.

Started by Rachel, May 12, 2019, 06:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel

Hi,

I have been thinking about brow and lip tattooing for permanent makeup. So what are the up and down sides? I live in SE Pennsylvania, does anyone have any recommendations on who to go to? Are there recommendations to not get it done and why? Any costs you can share?.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Rachel on May 12, 2019, 06:29:46 PM
Hi,

I have been thinking about brow and lip tattooing for permanent makeup. So what are the up and down sides? I live in SE Pennsylvania, does anyone have any recommendations on who to go to? Are there recommendations to not get it done and why? Any costs you can share?.
I talked with my skin care people about tattooing of my eye brows, and they recommended against this.  They told me mircobalding is a way better way to do it.  Tattooed eyebrows look pretty artificial, while microbladed eyebrows look absolutely natural.
I got mine microbladed (see my avatar), and nobody ever noticed that my eyebrows were enhanced.  I had it done 6 weeks ago and will get a final touch up on Tuesday.  I do not know about the price difference, but I don't really care, because I like my eyebrows now a lot!  Mine was about $300.00
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

plastic-mayhem

I wouldn't.  Could be fine, but if its dreadful, theres not much you can do.  Ive seen tattooed eyeliner and eyebrows that were the stuff of fashion nightmares
  •  

Dani

I agree. I have seen some very good tattoos and some very bad tattoos. Before you get anyone to tattoo your skin ask to see an example of their work. This is critical  for any tattoo on your face.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

My partner got her eyebrows tattooed a year ago and she's unhappy now due to the color change she's experiencing.  I've held my tongue so not to say "I told you so."
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Rachel

Thank you for the replies. That is a no to brow tattooing.

One microblading yes. I heard that microblading is not permanent. I also heard the if done repeatedly it will build up with scar tissue or collagen. I had them ground down in 2016 and do not want any protrusion.

So any thoughts on microblading the brows. The good, bad and ugly. Thanks.

Anyone do lip tattooing?
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Rachel on May 13, 2019, 05:46:53 PM
Thank you for the replies. That is a no to brow tattooing.

One microblading yes. I heard that microblading is not permanent. I also heard the if done repeatedly it will build up with scar tissue or collagen. I had them ground down in 2016 and do not want any protrusion.

So any thoughts on microblading the brows. The good, bad and ugly. Thanks.

Anyone do lip tattooing?
I got mine done, and have a touch up tomorrow.  Everybody who sees me, loves them!  take a look at this picture, they used to be almost invisible/blondish and not much hair there at all! I never have to touch them again!

02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AutumnLeaves

I had my brows done and I love it. Some of the best money I ever spent. I had nano brows done, which uses a machine but looks like microblading. It took years off my face and made my face way more attractive. I loved it so much I had my eyeliner done too. Just be sure to really research your artist before you go to them, as horror stories are sadly plentiful.
  •