Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Is Beard hair a suitable hair type for hairline lowering hair transplant?

Started by Asakawa, May 16, 2019, 12:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asakawa

Hi

Does anyone know if Beard hair is suitable for hair transplant for hair line lowering? If not what are suitable hair types for that?
  •  

Quinn

I do know of one individual here that used beard hair for transplant and that is was growing, but I do not know what the end results was

no idea if that hair looked different than the other but to me it seems like it would
  •  

VeronicaLynn

Wouldn't this cause a lot of scarring on your face?

I think how it would look would depend a lot on the beard. Some people grow long straight beard hair, mine looked like pubic hair.
  •  

Dani

I have a friend who tried this and she regards her results as unsatisfactory.

At about the same time, 18 months ago, I had standard FUE by a different doctor, with the back of my head as the donor site. I am happy with my results. Interesting, the hair on the back of my head regrew in a bit thicker than before. Sometimes, things just happen.
  •  

Asakawa

Thanks for the replies

If Beard hair is not suitable for hair line then how about any other hair? Perhaps arm pit or pubic? I think I saw on TV someone using pubic hair to add volume to eye lashes through hair transplant. I believe they added a second line on top of the lashes like how some people have the mutated Gene. Thoughts?
  •  

zirconia

Some years ago, when I was still desperately worried that my hairline might recede, I did find some surgeons who do transplant pubic hair as well as beard and other body hair. I didn't keep my notes, and the situation's probably changed since then.

The site rules don't allow me to post links as of yet, but googling "LIST OF SURGEONS WHO OFFER BODY HAIR TO HEAD HAIR TRANSPLANTS" should give you a not too ancient list of doctors who apparently do offer body hair transplants (BHT.) A quick look gives the impression that some are more aggressive/daring than others.

And yes, adding hairs to the eyelashes appears to be possible as well. As I recall, they grow longer so if you want them to match you have to cut them...

Perhaps/hopefully someone else has more precise or up to date information.
  •