Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How do guys react to partners who have had orchidectomies?

Started by PrincessCrystal, May 16, 2019, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessCrystal

So, I'm getting close to (finally) having my orchidectomy, but I'm starting to get cold feet.  The obvious things go through my head, like the fact that it is permanent, and pretty much locked me into HRT for the rest of my life.  But another thing that is somewhat new is the idea of how a cismale might respond to it.  While my balls are the most masculine part of my body, the penis is staying (not getting a full op yet), and part of me is imagining guys feeling/seeing that penis without testicles and getting spooked...

Does anyone here have a story about having sex with a man after having orchidectomy?

Edit: to clarify, at this point, even the gay guy I was dating before I started my transition (we broke up) knows I am trans.  I am not passible at this point, and may never be.  This is not about springing things on guys, it is about whether the realization that a castration has been done on a body they are touching bothers them.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Guys will have all sorts of reactions ranging from "who cares? You're beautiful" to "What the blank? You're a dude".

I have a fair amount of experience with this, since I have dated quite a few straight guys before finding my hubby. As long as they know before the first date, you'll likely be safe... and if they choose to date you, they'll be accepting. Getting rid of the testes tells them you are serious about your transformation, and there is little risk of you deciding to change back. Guys like to feel comfortable with a fact like that.

Now, if you spring it on a guy you have dated, just out of the blue, you will have no idea what his reaction would be. Guys hate being deceived, and having a penis may make him outraged.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

PrincessCrystal

Quote from: Lady Sarah on May 16, 2019, 11:50:27 PMGetting rid of the testes tells them you are serious about your transformation, and there is little risk of you deciding to change back. Guys like to feel comfortable with a fact like that.
I think you misunderstood the question, so I'm going to go back and edit it, but this part is helpful to me.  It did occur to me that testicles are one of the things that the less trans-accepting people cite as a reason that someone "is a man", and so not having them might actually make the guys who are on the fence about me as a girlfriend a bit more comfortable, but it helps to hear it from someone else.

Edit: also, it would be very helpful to hear about your experiences with straight men post-orchidectomy.
  •  

Lady Sarah

I had my orchiectomy in 1994, and (due to financial reasons) still have a penis. Yes, my husband and I have sex. I don't want to write a story about it, no matter how awesome it is. No, I don't use my penis, and it is small enough that it rarely gets in the way.
  •  

PrincessCrystal

Quote from: Lady Sarah on May 17, 2019, 12:06:57 AMI had my orchiectomy in 1994, and (due to financial reasons) still have a penis. Yes, my husband and I have sex. I don't want to write a story about it, no matter how awesome it is. No, I don't use my penis, and it is small enough that it rarely gets in the way.
So, to cut back to the original question, what you're saying is, that doesn't really bother guys, in your experience?
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: PrincessCrystal on May 17, 2019, 12:46:20 AM
So, to cut back to the original question, what you're saying is, that doesn't really bother guys, in your experience?
When they know you have it, despite wanting it gone, the ones I have been with, have been fine with it. My husband doesn't care one bit that I have it. As long as he can make me happy, he is happy.
  •  

GingerVicki

A non-pansexual person could have a problem with it. I would ask if the potential partner is pansexual just to avoid possible beating etc...

But it is your life do as you will.
  •  

krobinson103

Can't comment on guys but my awesome bi girlfriend likes having both breasts, and a penis (even if it small and only works sometimes) to play with... :)
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •