Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jaw and Chin reduction

Started by Gamergirl, May 18, 2019, 08:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamergirl

I am curious how much swelling occurs after jaw and chin reduction.  How soon could one return to work theoretically ? 

I have read it costs somewhere around 10 to 20 thousand, generally ?

Thanks
  •  

Kendra

I think the answer depends which specific jaw reduction technique you have.

A standard jaw reduction involves cutting/trimming the entire lower portion of the jaw bone.  A more complex procedure is sliding genioplasty where the center of the jaw bone is sectioned and re-positioned and has a more difficult recovery. 

I had a standard jawbone reduction and found recovery surprisingly easy.  One thing that may have helped is my FFS surgeon used an ultrasound cutting tool to minimize disruption to nearby tissue, instead of a reciprocating saw for bone work.  And made 3 shorter incisions inside the gum line instead of cutting all the way around the gum line.  I was surprised to be eating solid food within a day and walking around Madrid 10 days later blending in just fine.  I could have returned to work at that point, but everyone heals at a different rate.

If you're looking at a sliding genioplasty the recovery time I experienced won't apply at all. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •