Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

One Thing About Underdressing

Started by NancyBalik, May 19, 2019, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NancyBalik

I live with a non-accepting spouse (DADT that I have written about elsewhere on this forum). As a result, I don't get many chances to dress as myself — like when she is out-of-town for hours or days. But I do underdress every day and have for many years — always panties, often either a cami or bra. The thing about underdressing that is important to me is that I KNOW that I am wearing something feminine and pretty. I am partial to pastels and floral patterns. I know that what I am wearing, even though it is invisible to others and known only to me, is a symbol of my gender identity.

So-called "under-dressing" is important to me, Nancy
  •  

Anastasia

Yes, my wife is non-accepting as well with a DADT situation. The underwear has been very important to me for the last 30 years. She has become a little more accepting of not quite masculine, but not quite women's wear, but it is not what I want. I think she would be upset if she found out I have only one male undergarment. I might wear a bra in the winter, but the summers here are to hot to hide it under a sweat shirt. It's not an ideal situation, but it works well enough. I;m glad it works for you too, and I am glad to see that I am not the only one in this situation.
  •  

LizK

During the early days of my transition it kept me sane...that and a dab of perfume on my chest so I could duck my head into a shirt and get a wiff. I understand perfectly

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Vethrvolnir

I understand ... but also not. Bra's are so uncomfortable. Also most female underwear is. The more female tje more itchy. And female clothes are so unpractical. The pockets absent or shallow. Also... tight. Uncomfortable fabrics. Dresses that hinder movement. Shoes designed to hamper. Shoes that hurt.. . I could go on and on.   But as a symbol. They are very much well worth it. But be aware they were designed to testrict freedom. To turn women into pretty harmless dolls. Very symbolic. A bit like bdsm with frills.That said. If you want to be free maybe its worth to wear slaves clothing.
Mostly human
  •  

NancyBalik

Vethrvohvir, I'm going to venture a guess that you haven't spent many days in Vanity Fair nylon briefs or microfiber panties made by various brands. They are a dream to wear, silky smooth to the touch, gently accommodate anatomy, and are far more comfortable than male boxers or many scratchy men's cotton briefs. I don't wear thongs or lace front panties which will both fall into your characterization of uncomfortable and designed to arouse. However, I will concede your point on wearing a bra not being terribly comfortable (wearing one is reassuring to me in terms of my dysphoria). Cami's, on the other hand, are another story. Because they come in a variety of fabrics and can be worn either loose or form-fitting, they also can feel quite dreamy to wear (IMO). My larger point, however, which you seemed to get, is the importance TO ME of wearing WOMEN'S underwear to appease my dysphoria. Nancy
  •  

Wendi

Quote from: NancyBalik on May 19, 2019, 08:02:37 PM
I live with a non-accepting spouse (DADT that I have written about elsewhere on this forum). As a result, I don't get many chances to dress as myself — like when she is out-of-town for hours or days. But I do underdress every day and have for many years — always panties, often either a cami or bra. The thing about underdressing that is important to me is that I KNOW that I am wearing something feminine and pretty. I am partial to pastels and floral patterns. I know that what I am wearing, even though it is invisible to others and known only to me, is a symbol of my gender identity.

So-called "under-dressing" is important to me, Nancy
I did this for years also before I started my new journey. I even went so far as to order panties made for men so I could tell my wife they weren't women's panties lol.

It felt great wearing them. Some of the ones I got even had lace on them which made me feel even more feminine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

•