Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Clothes Exchange? - Sub Forum suggestion

Started by KristySims, May 20, 2019, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KristySims

I poked around a little to see if I could find a place that we could offer to give away or even exchange our pre-transition clothing to our fellow brothers and sisters.  I have thousands of dollars of guy clothes and aside from heading to the local Goodwill or Salvation Army, I thought it would be really nice to have sort of a place on the forum to offer up clothing to our trans family here.  I am cleaning out my closet and I was planning on posting something on the FTM threads but figured I would check with you seasoned members to know if there is a place already that I might be missing where we can do this.... and if not could someone consider adding this as a new section?
  •  

Bea1968

•  

Devlyn

A local TG group takes your gently used clothing and has a once a year bag sale to raise money for club events. Maybe there's a place near you doing the same.  :)

I'm sure I'm beating the moderators to it, but stuff like this is inherently risky, and is addressed in the Terms of Service, which I feel confident will be posted here soon.  ;D

I love your generosity, though.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

KristySims

Okay,  I thought it was a good idea, but I guess I can see the issues that could arise. :) 
  •  

Linde

I have some guy clothing I have never worn, including some shoes that have been hardly worn at all!
I think it would be great if i could pass this on to a trans man who could not afford much in clothing because of some financial hardships!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Cindy

While this is a very noble idea it is impractical on an International Forum.

I suggest you contact your local LGBTIQA networks and work with them.

Thanks

Cindy
  •