Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Life and Wanderings

Started by Bari Jo, May 20, 2019, 10:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

It has certainly been a while, so long I decided to start a new thread. I've been through a rough patch that required intervention, but surprisingly it had nothing to do with transition.  That part of my life is solid.  It was dealing with grief.  I finally have gotten a handle on that, plus the Maria Kondo method, yoga, fung shei (sp?) has given me a better outlook.

With that I wanted to share my most recent event in my life.  I have been honored for my contributions to video-game and pinball culture with a trading card of myself. So to go to the award ceremony, I of course got my hair styled, new outfit and more.  I was super happy as I think you can see by the pict taken outside the salon.

The next night was the award ceremony and I'm happy that I looked very much the girl onstage to accept.  I may not be passable, but I am nearly always giving female pronouns now out of respect.  I really try.

I had 7 family and friends join me at the ceremony.  It was so great for my parents to see me as Bari Jo and be accepted and honored by my peers.  I'll ride this high for a while.

I am taking my award to work to show too:)

The more I'm interacting and out there, the better it gets.  I almost have the confidence to date even.  The itch has been there for a while!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Bea1968

Thank you for sharing.  It means a lot to hear that it gets better.

Best regards,

Brian
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Bari Jo
Dear Bari Jo:
Wowzers!!! 
... congratulations to you on your award ... and your appearance and confidence in your acceptance speech on stage.
I love what you did with getting your  hair styled, new outfit and all the things that make you the woman you are.

I will be looking forward to closely following your NEW THREAD !!!   
Thank you for coming back to the forums after your 3 MONTH absence to share your continuing and successful story of your journey.   It is definitely nice to see that you have returned. 
Please don't make me and the rest of your followers wait so long to hear from you. ;)

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Bari Jo on May 20, 2019, 10:20:48 AM
It has certainly been a while, so long I decided to start a new thread. I've been through a rough patch that required intervention, but surprisingly it had nothing to do with transition.  That part of my life is solid.  It was dealing with grief.  I finally have gotten a handle on that, plus the Maria Kondo method, yoga, fung shei (sp?) has given me a better outlook.

With that I wanted to share my most recent event in my life.  I have been honored for my contributions to video-game and pinball culture with a trading card of myself. So to go to the award ceremony, I of course got my hair styled, new outfit and more.  I was super happy as I think you can see by the pict taken outside the salon.

The next night was the award ceremony and I'm happy that I looked very much the girl onstage to accept.  I may not be passable, but I am nearly always giving female pronouns now out of respect.  I really try.

I had 7 family and friends join me at the ceremony.  It was so great for my parents to see me as Bari Jo and be accepted and honored by my peers.  I'll ride this high for a while.

I am taking my award to work to show too:)

The more I'm interacting and out there, the better it gets.  I almost have the confidence to date even.  The itch has been there for a while!

Bari Jo

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

YAY!!  Congratulations on this award! 

You look great.  I am happy to hear that things are looking up for you.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

MaryT

Fantastic new picture!  And a trading card, wow!  Just think, in hundreds of years, you will still be in demand with collectors.  Will you post a scan of the card? 
  •  

CynthiaAnn

How nice receiving this award  :) Pinball is way cool...

Have a wonderful day !

Cynthia -
  •  

Another Nikki

Bari Jo, I was wondering about you!  Glad to hear things are on the upswing, and congrats on your award!  You look great!

-n
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire lifeā€”that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

Megan.

Just fab on all fronts, great friends, family, success and most important - happiness!

X.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

Yes, I think you can see how happy I am.  I really am, so happy to be re ognized for my weirdness and passions and as Bari Jo.  I don't think I'll post the card @MaryT it can nail my full name and location on it, like posting a drivers license.  I look great in it though, as does my arcade machine:)

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Maid Marion

Hi Bari Jo,

Congratulations on winning that award!
And having  your family  in attendance!

Marion
  •  

Bari Jo

Might as well continue my narrative.  I'm considering some medical procedures now.  I never did before.  I always thought I'd be fine not getting any.  Now I'm not so sure.  If you read my old thread, you would know I had weight problems too.  I still do, but now looking at surgery as a reward for weight loss, so now I have a goal that I like.  Time to navigate health care insurance.  I've been paying out of pocket pretty much for everything so far.  For some reason I have guilt over the insurance company covering my transition.  I need to stop that.

Also I'm looking into getting a new dog.  I know a new one will never replace my Fanta.  I am going to look for one that is still hypoallergenic, but maybe not a full poodle, maybe a smaller poodle mix.  We shall see.  If you have recommendations let me know.  I like cute and fluffy, non shedding.  Fanta was 40 lbs of legs and red fluffy hair.  I'm thinking smaller this time.

•  

Jessica

Wow!  You look great.  Super happy for you all around!  🌸🌸🌸

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

JudiBlueEyes

You look great Bari Jo!  Congratulations on the award.  A new dog will never replace the one you had and might be a good idea for you.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Great news and your looking fab . My ex has a Cockerpoo , mad as a box of frogs though!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •