Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Orchi first rest later?

Started by Bari Jo, May 20, 2019, 10:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

When I first started my final transition, I thought I wouldn't need to do bottom surgery.  Now I think about it all the time.  I'm wondering if there is anyone that has had an orchi first and been satisfied with just that, or did you decide to go the full srs after?  I really would like an orchy done.  I don't need a penis though.  I don't do penetrative sex ever with it, I only receive.  Should I just go the full route?

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Linde

I had an orchi and thought that was enough.  Because hormone wise I am now similar to a cis woman and like all the sisters who had the full bottom surgery.
My penis is very atrophied, and I can wear any female bottoms, including swimsuits, without any problem.  But if I step out of the sower and look into a mirror, I see an unfinished body.
If I can find a surgeon who accepts my insurance, I will have a limited depth Vagina surgery.  it is not really pressing, because most of the time I don't even think about my genitals, but it would be nice if I could have SRS done.

There are others here on the forum ho had an orchi and feel that this is enough for them.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Bari Jo on May 20, 2019, 10:35:43 AM
When I first started my final transition, I thought I wouldn't need to do bottom surgery.  Now I think about it all the time.  I'm wondering if there is anyone that has had an orchi first and been satisfied with just that, or did you decide to go the full srs after?  I really would like an orchy done.  I don't need a penis though.  I don't do penetrative sex ever with it, I only receive.  Should I just go the full route?

Bari Jo

I'm orchiectomy only, and I couldn't be happier. This is unique to each and every one of us, you can't really ask others which way you should go. Instead, introspection is what's really required here. Maybe time by yourself to really ponder what you want, what you need, and what you're willing to risk. Going under anesthesia for even the most routine matter can take a turn for the worse, and even result in death.

It's my belief that we should do the minimum amount of medical intervention that we need to get by. I don't feel the need to meet others expectations, I don't need to blend, I just need to be comfortable in my own skin.

For others, a seamless life in their target gender is the minimum bar.

It's up to you to decide where you can comfortably live.

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Megan.

It's such a personal and unique thing. The reality right now is that's it a heck of a lot easier to take away than to put back!

The only person you ever need to justify this to is yourself. Take a step back, evaluate the steps you took up to this point, why you took them, and why you might need to take any more.

As Devlyn says, all medical procedures carry risk, are you content that the benefits to you outweigh those?

You've only got to read my own threads to see how conflicted I am in my own surgery choice!

If there's no hurry, then take the time and see what thoughts float to the surface :-)

X.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

I'm really tempted to do it all at once.  I've been sterile forever, and chuckle every time a doctor warns me on the subject.

Question for you all, did you get into shape before surgery?  I don't mean pear shape, I have that already.  I'm thinking of really getting fit first, and look at the surgery as a reward.  Does this make sense?

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Bari Jo on May 20, 2019, 08:04:04 PM
I'm really tempted to do it all at once.  I've been sterile forever, and chuckle every time a doctor warns me on the subject.

Question for you all, did you get into shape before surgery?  I don't mean pear shape, I have that already.  I'm thinking of really getting fit first, and look at the surgery as a reward.  Does this make sense?

Bari Jo
No real requirement for fit for the orhi, it is a relative simple, but pretty bloody procedure!

Any major surgery like SRS requires a maximum of body fat, less fat is bette, no fat ist tops!

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Bari Jo on May 20, 2019, 10:35:43 AM

Bari Jo

Did just that. Thought this is way station to srs... nope. I'm happy with orchi and 99% sure I won't go any further. Equally, I was told orchie was 'minor' procedure that would heal in two weeks. I was off my feet for two weeks and unable to work for six! The nerve pain still hasn't really stopped almost 10 weeks later. Given I don't feel the pressing need for a vagina I say pass on what is sure to be far more pain!
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Linde on May 20, 2019, 08:37:05 PM
No real requirement for fit for the orhi, it is a relative simple, but pretty bloody procedure!

Any major surgery like SRS requires a maximum of body fat, less fat is bette, no fat ist tops!

Asking around about SRS several surgeons said that too skinny (ie really low BMI) was just as bad as being overweight. They need some fat to be present.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on May 20, 2019, 10:40:19 PM
Asking around about SRS several surgeons said that too skinny (ie really low BMI) was just as bad as being overweight. They need some fat to be present.
Yes, they need some fat for forming the labia mayora, and a kind of a pubic mount for the clitoris.  But for surgery in general, one wants to be a lean as possible because fatty tissue does not heal well and is prone to wound infections.

I think the individual surgeon will tell you what they want concerning amounts of body fat,

•  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on May 20, 2019, 10:39:17 PM
Did just that. Thought this is way station to srs... nope. I'm happy with orchi and 99% sure I won't go any further. Equally, I was told orchie was 'minor' procedure that would heal in two weeks. I was off my feet for two weeks and unable to work for six! The nerve pain still hasn't really stopped almost 10 weeks later. Given I don't feel the pressing need for a vagina I say pass on what is sure to be far more pain!
That is crazy that you still have this nerve pain!  They should must have hit a nerve with you!

Meanwhile, I caught my forst female type bathroom disease, I mut have found some fungus on a toilet seat, and that fungus started to feel very comfortable on that poor little bit of scrotum I have left, and it did itch and later hurt like crazy.  I am now applying anti fungi salve to it twice a day!  It is a slow healing process because of ever present moisture and warmth in that area!
My doctor told me that I have to learn to hover over the toilet seat, if no commercial seat liners are available!

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Bari Jo on May 20, 2019, 08:04:04 PM

Bari Jo
I don't think it's possible to be too fit for surgery. As others say you do need a little body fat, but the better your fitness then the better your blood oxygenation and the better/faster you'll heal.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•