Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What is the best practical joke played on you or that you played on someone?

Started by Julia1996, May 23, 2019, 04:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Hi everyone. In another thread I talked about my brother and I playing practical jokes on each other and I started wondering about everyone else. So, what is the best practical joke someone has played on you or that you played on someone else?

Though they are usually played on me, I still have to admire Tyler's practical jokes. The time and thought he puts into them are pretty awesome. He has played a lot of jokes on me but the best one he played on me was when I was 16. When I went to take a shower Tyler went in my room and got under my bed. He waited until I turned out the light and then waited a few more minutes. Then he reached up with one of his long ass arms and grabbed me. Talk about letting out a scream! My dad came flying into my room and there is Tyler sitting on the floor nearly hysterical from laughing so hard. He told Tyler he was warped and that he just wasn't right. Lol.

The best joke I played on someone I played on my dad. I don't know why but my dad had a fear of going bald. He's 40 and still has a head full of very thick hair. And my grandpa also has a full head of hair. Despite this every time I cut my dad's hair he asks me to check for any spots that are thinning. I also catch him in the bathroom checking his hair for bald spots. So once after I cut his hair I saved all the cut hair. Then I would put some on his pillow, around the drain in his shower and in his sink and even on his bathroom countertop. He totally thought he was going bald!😂🤣.  After a week of doing that I told him I was playing a joke on him. He wasn't very happy and he didn't find it funny. I told him I it was totally funny. He said what would really be funny would be if I woke up one morning with a crew cut and no eyebrows. Lol. He has no sense of humor.

Another thing I don't understand about guys is how they feel about their hair. For the most part guys don't appreciate their hair but then are terrified of losing it. Tyler has said before that he's glad male pattern baldness doesn't run in the family. But he doesn't appreciate his hair. His hair is gorgeous. It's thick, wavy and his natural color is a honey blonde shade. I would totally love to have his hair even if it didn't match my skin color. But he doesn't appreciate it all. There are so many cuts I could give him that would look awesome. But he always wants his hair buzzed. He won't ever let it grow out enough for me to do an awesome cut on it. Even growing up he wanted buzz cuts. My dad always cut his hair and several times he suggested Tyler grow it out and then he would take him to a barbershop and they could give him a real haircut instead of having it buzzed all the time. Tyler never would do that. He only wanted buzz cuts. Then once Tyler's friend Luke was over and he asked me if I would cut his hair. I told him sure. He has beautiful thick and curly chestnut hair and I was picturing a cut that would look awesome on him and he tells me he just wants it buzzed really close. I asked him why he would want that when he had such gorgeous hair. He said because it was too hot for summer. I told him no I wouldn't do it. I told him to ask Tyler and that he would probably do it for him. Luke tells him he wants it buzzed as close as possible. So Tyler ended up using a 000 blade on my  clippers. Luke didn't have buzz cut hair after Tyler was done, he was bald. But Luke was very happy with it. So a couple weeks later he was over and he asked me to look at the stubble that had grown back to see if I noticed any thin spots. He said his step brother had started going bald at a very early age and he wanted to make sure that wasn't starting to happen to him too.  I explained to this genius that a step brother wasn't a blood relative so early baldness wouldn't start on him unless it ran in his male blood relatives. Then I asked him why he was even worried about baldness considering he had Tyler shave his head. He said that was his choice but he would never want to actually be bald. OMG, guys are so hard to understand!

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allie Jayne

A few years ago I was to have an arthroscopic cleanup of damaged cartlidge in my knee. The op date was midweek, so I told my boss I would need a couple of days off, and he understood as he was a former nurse. I went to hospital, got prepped with betadine around the knee area, and waited for nearly two hours on a gurney. The surgeon came out and apologised as he was held up working on a car crash victim trying to save his leg, and they sent me home.

I wrapped bandage around my knee, and went to work. My boss was surprised and told me to go home as I had been under anesthetic, but I blew him off and said the surgeon said I needed to move my knee or it would swell and be unusable, then picked up a heavy bucket and limped away. My boss was getting frantic and grabbed the bucket off me, and again told me to go home, then I told him I felt amazing from the painkillers, but I shouldn't drive. I went into another room and started moving things about, as my boss was yelling that he would drive me home, so I made a deal with him if he let me finish the small job I was doing, he could take me home. He very nervously watched me through a window as I started to exaggerate my limp, and started grabbing things to support myself. He yelled at me that I had to go home as I was going to injure myself, and I said to him the the bandage had come loose with all the movement, and could he at least re bandage me.

Now I had told a couple of co workers what I was doing and they were watching in the background as my boss undid the bandage and was commenting on how neat the surgeon was because he couldn't find the incision site. About then one of my co workers burst into laughter and my boss figured out I hadn't been operated on, and mumbled a few profanities before laughing himself. It was a joke which was re lived year after year.

Allie
  •  

Lexxi

Julia you are an absolute hoot! Your post literally had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. The easiest way for you to get those boys to grow their hair out and start appreciating it is to have a couple of really pretty girls makes some comments about how good their hair looks when it's longer...(and sisters don't count for this one. They won't take your word for it because you're family. Maybe have one of your friends do it.) If you can get someone to do that for you, those boys won't let anyone near their hair until it's down to their shoulders, lol.

Ok I have a story about the very best practical joke that's ever been pulled on me. I couldn't do it to anyone else though, so I hope it still counts for this post.

Anyway a few years ago I pulled up to a Burger King drive-thru and there was a sign hanging on the speaker board that said "having trouble with the speaker, please speak really loud." So I very loudly gave them my order. The worker came back and told me they couldn't understand what I was saying and asked me to repeat it. So this time I yelled my order even louder still. Again they told me they couldn't understand me. So on the third time I quite literally screamed the order out. I mean it was so loud it strained my vocal cords. lol

They told me to hold on for a second. Next thing I know a worker comes outside and walks over to the board and reads the sign hanging there. He took it down then turned to me and said that there was nothing wrong with the speaker...except that I was yelling so loud it was causing some kind of feedback on their inside speaker.

OMG I was mortified when I pulled up to the window and every single person in that restaurant was looking at me through the windows and the workers were cracking up in the drive-thru. The cooks even came out from the back and let me see them laughing too.

Still to this day that was the best practical joke I've ever seen. Ha ha ha...

Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

Lexxi

Allie that's hilarious!! That sounds like something I would have done. LOLOL
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Allie Jayne on May 23, 2019, 04:56:45 AM
A few years ago I was to have an arthroscopic cleanup of damaged cartlidge in my knee. The op date was midweek, so I told my boss I would need a couple of days off, and he understood as he was a former nurse. I went to hospital, got prepped with betadine around the knee area, and waited for nearly two hours on a gurney. The surgeon came out and apologised as he was held up working on a car crash victim trying to save his leg, and they sent me home.

I wrapped bandage around my knee, and went to work. My boss was surprised and told me to go home as I had been under anesthetic, but I blew him off and said the surgeon said I needed to move my knee or it would swell and be unusable, then picked up a heavy bucket and limped away. My boss was getting frantic and grabbed the bucket off me, and again told me to go home, then I told him I felt amazing from the painkillers, but I shouldn't drive. I went into another room and started moving things about, as my boss was yelling that he would drive me home, so I made a deal with him if he let me finish the small job I was doing, he could take me home. He very nervously watched me through a window as I started to exaggerate my limp, and started grabbing things to support myself. He yelled at me that I had to go home as I was going to injure myself, and I said to him the the bandage had come loose with all the movement, and could he at least re bandage me.

Now I had told a couple of co workers what I was doing and they were watching in the background as my boss undid the bandage and was commenting on how neat the surgeon was because he couldn't find the incision site. About then one of my co workers burst into laughter and my boss figured out I hadn't been operated on, and mumbled a few profanities before laughing himself. It was a joke which was re lived year after year.

Allie

That's a good one. 🤣
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Lexxi on May 23, 2019, 05:12:13 AM
Julia you are an absolute hoot! Your post literally had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. The easiest way for you to get those boys to grow their hair out and start appreciating it is to have a couple of really pretty girls makes some comments about how good their hair looks when it's longer...(and sisters don't count for this one. They won't take your word for it because you're family. Maybe have one of your friends do it.) If you can get someone to do that for you, those boys won't let anyone near their hair until it's down to their shoulders, lol.

Ok I have a story about the very best practical joke that's ever been pulled on me. I couldn't do it to anyone else though, so I hope it still counts for this post.

Anyway a few years ago I pulled up to a Burger King drive-thru and there was a sign hanging on the speaker board that said "having trouble with the speaker, please speak really loud." So I very loudly gave them my order. The worker came back and told me they couldn't understand what I was saying and asked me to repeat it. So this time I yelled my order even louder still. Again they told me they couldn't understand me. So on the third time I quite literally screamed the order out. I mean it was so loud it strained my vocal cords. lol

They told me to hold on for a second. Next thing I know a worker comes outside and walks over to the board and reads the sign hanging there. He took it down then turned to me and said that there was nothing wrong with the speaker...except that I was yelling so loud it was causing some kind of feedback on their inside speaker.

OMG I was mortified when I pulled up to the window and every single person in that restaurant was looking at me through the windows and the workers were cracking up in the drive-thru. The cooks even came out from the back and let me see them laughing too.

Still to this day that was the best practical joke I've ever seen. Ha ha ha...

Lexxi

That's hilarious. 😂
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

My favorite one is pretty tame all considered.

For a while an old friend of mine and I would go back and forth ordering random useless things off of amazon for each other and having it delivered to each other's houses.  One day I realized that I could order one of the most useless things possible: a food service sized can of sausage gravy.  The kind of weird gray looking stuff you get at hotels that serve breakfast in the US.  6.5 pounds of gloriously awful chunky goo in a can.

He laughed and kept it until we went on an offroading and camping trip through Arizona from Mexico to Utah and he served it up for breakfast one day.  I remembered him threatening to do this and had ordered another can to be delivered while we were on the trip.  So after we were all done I was driving through Rifle, Colorado and got a text from him saying "I hate you"

Imagine getting home dirty, tired, and with a truck full of stuff to unpack only to find another six pounds of gravy sitting on the porch.  There is no escaping the gravy. 

Another fun one was dragging a cooler full of water around with me on a wagon at shooting matches.  Everyone is your buddy when you've got that on a hot day.  Well until they open it up and there's a rubber snake tied to the lid of the cooler so it looks like it's trying to escape when they open it up.

That same rubber snake has made it into a few people's bags with hilarious results.

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

MaryT

Although some scientists may deny it, some animals certainly have a sense of humour and enjoy practical jokes.  In her book Out of Africa, Karen Blixen agreed and wrote about a dog that used to bark when it saw critters in the trees outside her house, following which Karen would shoot them.  One day it barked and indicated a tree.  Karen looked long and hard and saw nothing, but then noticed that the dog was laughing at her.

Many years ago, I sometimes looked after a Rhodesian ridgeback bitch called Lady and her smaller male, mongrel companion, called Rubbish.  One day, Rubbish was relaxing on the ground and Lady walked over and sat on his head.  Rubbish whimpered while Lady laughed, and nobody could convince me that she wasn't laughing.  I couldn't help laughing myself but I persuaded Lady to release her friend.

I don't know whether there was a connection but Lady was hypersensitive and when I spoke to her harshly, because she thought it was a game when I stalked a wild goose to take its photo, she cried inconsolably for a long time, even though I hugged and stroked her.

Even birds can have a sense of humour.  When I walked my late mother's late Yorkshire Terrier, Paddy, a house martin would sometimes fly just in front of his nose.  Paddy would chase it while it flew in a circle around me, with the precise radius determined by the length of the leash.  The bird somehow knew exactly how fast to fly to stay just in front of Paddy's nose.  Invariably, Paddy would eventually trip and go head over heels.  I don't know whether it was the same house martin every time.  I have no idea why the birds would provoke Paddy and risk their lives in that way.  Perhaps it was a way of impressing girl house martins.   

•  

Lady Sarah

At one time, I had a roomie that drove me up a wall. I decided to keep her on her toes. One evening. I wrapped a rubber band around the kitchen sink sprayer and trigger. Sure enough the next morning, i hear "Sarah, you blankety blank!", and i start laughing. She was completely soaked.

After all the hell she put me through, I only regret I didn't come up with something a little more permanent.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Kylo

Telling my sister a bottle of sour milk was a special fancy kind of goats milk and watching her get half a cup down before I burst out laughing.

When we were kids putting her in the laundry basket. Not so much a practical joke because I think we were playing some kind of game, but she got stuck in it and was crawling about like a turtle because she couldn't get out of it. It was so hilarious watching her with her butt stuck in the thing with only her legs and arms poking out I had to just stand and watch for a few minutes.

I remember gluing a lot of someone's personal effects to their desk in uni.

Taping a raw chicken onto someones door in the halls, and otherwise putting so much tape across their doorway they couldn't leave the room. (I don't even remember why, seemed a good idea at the time).

Calling my mates up with an official-sounding voice and pretending I'm the tax office and they owe several thousand grand.

Lots of really stupid pranks... 

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Ryuichi13

Some of my jokes might be a bit...squicky.  You've been warned!  :P

*~*~*~*~*

When I was in high school, we dissected frogs in biology class.  One of the girls was so terrified of her dead frog that she screamed whenever she had to touch it.  So of course, she was chased by half the class with various frog parts the rest of that day!

We also put a dissected frog in another teacher's desk drawer.  The scream she let out was amazing!

Same teacher (IIRC, no one really liked her, she was mean) on April Fools Day somehow ended up with flat-head thumbtacks on her chair.  Of course she sat on them.  I might have suggested it to someone. *whistles innocently*

When I was a kid, one of my sisters used to always get nose bleeds.  I convinced her that "there is only so much blood in the human body and if you don't somehow replace it, you'll die."  The next time she got a nosebleed, she tried to catch it and drink it!

I also used to chase the same sister around while wearing worm rings whenever it rained. 

Maybe that's why she grew up to become a cop, so that I couldn't do things like that to her anymore!  :laugh:

Ryuichi

•  

DawnOday

When I worked at Allied-Signal one of my coworkers was a coke fiend.  He had spent a couple weeks in rehab. When he came back we put a line of "white out" on his desk and then scraped it to look like a line of coke. Bud was a bit paranoid so one day I told him. "We know Bud" He went berserk. "What do you know" repeating himself several dozen times. Then I had friends working in different plants call him up and say "We know Bud" OMG so so funny. One more bad Bud story. Our boss used to pick his nose and then roll the boogers on his desk. Well, one day we were sitting in our office and I reached in my nose and yelled out "Look Bud I'm Barry" I was just playing around but somehow I got hold of the biggest, wettest, gooiest boogers possible and Bud ralphed all over the office. 
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Allie Jayne

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Kylo on May 25, 2019, 11:14:14 AM
Telling my sister a bottle of sour milk was a special fancy kind of goats milk and watching her get half a cup down before I burst out laughing.

When we were kids putting her in the laundry basket. Not so much a practical joke because I think we were playing some kind of game, but she got stuck in it and was crawling about like a turtle because she couldn't get out of it. It was so hilarious watching her with her butt stuck in the thing with only her legs and arms poking out I had to just stand and watch for a few minutes.

I remember gluing a lot of someone's personal effects to their desk in uni.

Taping a raw chicken onto someones door in the halls, and otherwise putting so much tape across their doorway they couldn't leave the room. (I don't even remember why, seemed a good idea at the time).

Calling my mates up with an official-sounding voice and pretending I'm the tax office and they owe several thousand grand.

Lots of really stupid pranks...

The sour milk is hilarious!😂 That is definately a guy prank. I could easily see Tyler doing that to someone. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on May 25, 2019, 03:42:12 PM
Some of my jokes might be a bit...squicky.  You've been warned!  :P

*~*~*~*~*

When I was in high school, we dissected frogs in biology class.  One of the girls was so terrified of her dead frog that she screamed whenever she had to touch it.  So of course, she was chased by half the class with various frog parts the rest of that day!

We also put a dissected frog in another teacher's desk drawer.  The scream she let out was amazing!

Same teacher (IIRC, no one really liked her, she was mean) on April Fools Day somehow ended up with flat-head thumbtacks on her chair.  Of course she sat on them.  I might have suggested it to someone. *whistles innocently*

When I was a kid, one of my sisters used to always get nose bleeds.  I convinced her that "there is only so much blood in the human body and if you don't somehow replace it, you'll die."  The next time she got a nosebleed, she tried to catch it and drink it!

I also used to chase the same sister around while wearing worm rings whenever it rained. 

Maybe that's why she grew up to become a cop, so that I couldn't do things like that to her anymore!  :laugh:

Ryuichi

Those are really good. As with Kylo, those are definately pranks a guy would pull. Guys tend to be just a little meaner with their pranks. They are funny though. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: DawnOday on May 25, 2019, 06:31:10 PM
When I worked at Allied-Signal one of my coworkers was a coke fiend.  He had spent a couple weeks in rehab. When he came back we put a line of "white out" on his desk and then scraped it to look like a line of coke. Bud was a bit paranoid so one day I told him. "We know Bud" He went berserk. "What do you know" repeating himself several dozen times. Then I had friends working in different plants call him up and say "We know Bud" OMG so so funny. One more bad Bud story. Our boss used to pick his nose and then roll the boogers on his desk. Well, one day we were sitting in our office and I reached in my nose and yelled out "Look Bud I'm Barry" I was just playing around but somehow I got hold of the biggest, wettest, gooiest boogers possible and Bud ralphed all over the office.

Ewwwwwww! The booger thing makes me want to yarf.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

big kim

My first boyfriend Richie & his Dad Simon were Mercury classic car fans.  Simon was restoring a 62 Meteor when Richie typed a  fake letter from a company who made air freshener spray cans saying they had some test cans filled with 1962 air and would he be interested in buying them. He'd have got away with it if he hadn't signed it Wayne Kerr!
  •  

Lisa89125

When I was just a teenager I played a prank on my mother whom would hold said prank against me for many years.

Mom used to go to pick up dad at work and would be gone for about an hour. I got the brilliant idea to use a throwaway pie pan and made a very realistic looking UFO out of it. It took me about 45 minutes to manufacture my little flying saucer. I took down the hanging fruit rack in the kitchen and hung the UFO so the light shining in from outside would make it look like it was lit up. Mom and dad got home and mom was the first through the front door. She totally freaked out and thought there was a little UFO in the kitchen. ( I even had a little alien inside standing up.) She was absolutely hysterical! I had pretended to be asleep when they got back, but laughing my arse off in bed. Dad went in to see what was to matter and ripped down the UFO and smashed it. I got my arse paddled for that stunt.

Even 20 years later mom would never completely let it go. Even mentioning building a UFO model would bring discouragement.

I'm such an evil girl!  >:-)

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Allie Jayne

I am up for a practical joke, and I've had plenty played on me over the years! I was snorkelling some shallow shipwrecks off Moreton Island, Queensland, Australia, and we came across a hold opening. My buddy wasn't experienced at free diving but I was. I dropped down into the hold and swam back into the ship where I knew there was a hole to the outside, then quietly made my way around behind my buddy on the surface. He thought I would have to come back out of the hold, and had calculated I had been down way too long. I watched him dive down to the hold opening and peer in, so I quietly swam down beside him and pretended I was looking down as well. He saw me and erupted to the surface, blubbering "how, what, where?" I laughed and told him I found a hole to the outside, and he chuckled and admitted he was composing what he was going to say to my widow!

Allie
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Lisa89125 on May 26, 2019, 09:29:25 PM
When I was just a teenager I played a prank on my mother whom would hold said prank against me for many years.

Mom used to go to pick up dad at work and would be gone for about an hour. I got the brilliant idea to use a throwaway pie pan and made a very realistic looking UFO out of it. It took me about 45 minutes to manufacture my little flying saucer. I took down the hanging fruit rack in the kitchen and hung the UFO so the light shining in from outside would make it look like it was lit up. Mom and dad got home and mom was the first through the front door. She totally freaked out and thought there was a little UFO in the kitchen. ( I even had a little alien inside standing up.) She was absolutely hysterical! I had pretended to be asleep when they got back, but laughing my arse off in bed. Dad went in to see what was to matter and ripped down the UFO and smashed it. I got my arse paddled for that stunt.

Even 20 years later mom would never completely let it go. Even mentioning building a UFO model would bring discouragement.

I'm such an evil girl!  >:-)

Lisa

That's hilarious. But why was she so freaked out? Even if she did think it was a real ufo, being that small she could grab it, throw it in the oven, turn it on 500 and POOF! Baked alien. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •