Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dilators & air travel

Started by ToriJo, May 25, 2019, 06:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToriJo

I travel fairly frequently by air - mostly in the USA, so I'm dealing with the TSA.

I've only flown once with my dilators in my carry on, but sure enough they flagged it and manually inspected it (I tried not to laugh too hard when she pulled one out and started stroking it, and then asked me what it was).

Has anyone found a way to carry these on without triggering a secondary inspection (and without harming safety/security of the traveling public by subverting the TSA!)?  I mean I can live with this, but if there are easy things I can do that makes them less suspicious to the TSA, I'm all for that.  My dilators are hard, white plastic, don't have the bend in them, and I need four of them right now.  I carry my lubricant in a separate bag, so I'm not worried about this.  I also don't want to put them in a checked bag.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@ToriJo
Dear ToriJo:
By all means take them in your carry-on .... so what if they flag you for inspection, completely legal to bring in your carry-on.

You have been through this before... plus it is fun to explain what they are to a red-faced TSA agent...  and more than likely they have seen them before with other passenger inspection.

HUGS,
Danielle

Quote from: ToriJo on May 25, 2019, 06:42:41 PM
I travel fairly frequently by air - mostly in the USA, so I'm dealing with the TSA.

I've only flown once with my dilators in my carry on, but sure enough they flagged it and manually inspected it (I tried not to laugh too hard when she pulled one out and started stroking it, and then asked me what it was).

Has anyone found a way to carry these on without triggering a secondary inspection (and without harming safety/security of the traveling public by subverting the TSA!)?  I mean I can live with this, but if there are easy things I can do that makes them less suspicious to the TSA, I'm all for that.  My dilators are hard, white plastic, don't have the bend in them, and I need four of them right now.  I carry my lubricant in a separate bag, so I'm not worried about this.  I also don't want to put them in a checked bag.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Gail20

Till a recent flight two weeks ago, Id always put mine in checked luggage. This last flight they went thru on the flight out but flagged on the return flight.  The TSA guy pulled out my big orange dilator briefly, smiled, and quickly put it back and said, "you're fine" . . . .
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

Maybebaby56

I fly fairly often domestically, and I got tired of having my carry-on baggage pulled for hand inspection. I use the soulsource dilators that come in their little lavender pouch. I now put the pouch right on top of my purse or coat when they go through the x-ray unit. I have made it through security every time without hassle so far by doing that.

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •