Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The kenned doll and it's blog

Started by KennedDoll, May 25, 2019, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennedDoll

I am assuming that it is appropriate for me to do this. I'm 56 and on Estradiol and Spiro for a few months. I figured out that I am transgender 6 years go, or so. Before that I felt like someone who dislikes what they see as male traits, in themselves. When i was young, I cross-dressed as a daily thing, outside going about my daily life. From childhood, I can't remember a time when I felt anxiety about whether or not I or anyone else are "gay" or "a sissy". I think that is why I never felt like I suffered from not having a female identity. I did feel like I suffered from having a male identity and wanted to distance myself from that.

The kenned doll

My realization, unfolded over several years, and the most dramatic was around the time that my sister died. It's difficult to explain, but I had a metaphorical fantasy about "the one she" and how she divided into male and female so that it would confuse predators in her various manifestations. I praised a goddess and an emissary of hers blessed me with greater awareness for some time, as thanks. Preceding that in facts, the one she created a doll and from her vulva she flicked with her fingers a substance that stuck crudely on the outside of the doll and it was the reproductive apparatus.

So, flash forward to me finding I come from this doll and I awakened (became kenned), within another fantasy I was struck on the head with a ken doll and said to be rendered male, by a bad magician who would fool no one, since my name is Kendall, it resonated. The kenned doll saw that it was of the breeding stock, how more obvious could my function be, with this thing hanging off of me. If I were to be breeding stock, that might be suitable but I identify with her and feel empty without feeling her manifesting in me. So, I have started a ritual of transformation and how it changes my body matters least of all.

It's easy for me to find positive examples of women and how "the feminine" might be manifest in women that I see. I have had a lot of trouble finding out what "the masculine" is, in the expression of men I see. How good I feel about my gender identity has related to how natural I feel it matches a masculine and a feminine aspect of the goddess or any other way there might be to symbolize the human animal and it's relationship to it's environment. If there were a sacred masculinity obvious to me, I might not mind using that identity.

So, figuring out I was transgender meant that I felt it would be easier to find my place by embracing the identity of woman rather than man, even though conceptually I reject either identity. It's a choice of framing, for me. What makes me feel the least disgusting.

Life on urf

My transition is not about appearance. My impression is that this doesn't go over well when i say it. I don't think my appearance shows where I am in transition as I see it, so what could people think?

Noticing traits in myself are where my dysphoria is strongest. Whether or not a therapist would agree that I am a valid transgender person, based on how I felt as a child, I don't see how any history of feeling like a girl could have got me what I would have got from half a lifespan viewed as and interacted with as a woman. As an aspiring feminist I am keenly aware of negative traits and their privileges in the world around me. And I hate it when I find myself exhibiting those traits. Having traits or not having them isn't a choice. Deciding that I will live as a woman can't allow me to just decide not to have male traits, since they are there, much to my horror. I can't just decide to reject gender roles, because I don't adopt them by choice.

I find it hard because, so far, I have not had anyone say anything similar, except TERFs say some of what I say. So, they are essentially digging at what hurts the most for me and I have to watch out because I can offend people who take my language to mean I agree with the transphobes. I was on a twitter block list for a while.

Anyway, I want to study gender differences in language as a way to find the demons hiding behind each sentence I speak, betraying me and making me feel ill. I want to get rid of traits where I find I think I have a right to a voice, where women are used to not having that. I want to git rid of an expectation of approval that male children get from the reaction to "look at me mommy", the special attention they get when they speak and the allowance that are made because "boys will be boys".

Meanwhile, for appearance, I'm finding what feels right as it comes to me. When my hair is longer, I expect it will feel better to try to learn how to apply makeup that looks like how old woman are beautiful, not how old women can resemble a young girl. When I see something that feels right, I expect that I would want to adopt that change.

Probably I will look like a man wearing women's clothes, which is ok with me, so far. Maybe I will look like a man trying to look like a woman who is trying to look like a man.

I call myself asexual, but my attraction is to strong women and I want to be swept off my feet by a tall and dark woman (short and light is okay too). The likelihood of that ever happening, I don't want to think about.

I'm starting volunteer work at an LGBT center, tomorrow. I moved to Oregon to transition. So, for me,those are big steps forward in my transition.
  •  

Jessica

This is a good thing for you to do.  Writing down your thoughts and experiences helps to sort out the hard to sort.  Re-reading can help you gain insight into yourself and in the future, reflection.

I'll keep an eye out for your updates.

Hugs and smiles

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@KennedDoll
Dear Kendall:
Many here can identify with what you have stated.

I see that you have just started your own personal transition thread.  Many members start  their "own" threads that they will use to chronicle their transition journey and life endeavors.   Sharing your moments, both good and bad, is a way for your to vent your feelings, your successes, your failures, and generally what is going on in your life.

As our lovely member  @Jessica   correctly implied in her previous reply comment, the big advantage of writing things out is that you can have an opportunity to examine your own feelings, share with your readers and followers, exchange thoughts and ideas with others, and postulate positive ways to improve your future experiences. 

****By now you have probably found many like-minded members here on the forums and as time goes on you may make new friends here if you have not already done so.

In addition to my own personal journal (Links at the bottom of my comments) I also keep a more private old-school pen&paper journal complete with colorful doodling and perhaps a few pictures....  Many times I will write my deepest thoughts, my biggest successes and my worst failures.  I find that it is very good  personal therapy and there are times I will sit and read things that I have written going back to the beginning.

You will find that your readers and followers here on the Forums are your biggest fans and we are always supporting you.   When you have good things to report we will rejoice with you... and when you report your frustrations and not-so-good news you will always find us having an ear available to listen and a shoulder to lean on.

I am hoping and trusting that what I have stated may be of help to your as you ponder your life journey.
I will be eagerly looking for your updates and comments here on your new thread and on the various thread around the forums.

Thank you for sharing.
Best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KennedDoll

Thanks, Danielle and Jessica!

I had my first day volunteering at the local LGBTQ center. The person I was supposed to meet was not there and and it was confusing. But, eventually I was given the task of ma'aming the front desk. I didn't know how to do anything. Luckily, no phone call had a question that would have required me to know things. Some people asked me question that I had to say "sorry, I don't know. it's my first day and I haven't been told how to the information that you are asking for.

I'm not complaining. I just thought this was pretty funny.

There was an event going on when I arrived. When I was trying to find a staff member, I passed a group of women blocking the hallway that leads to offices. As I went through, said softly "you too?" (I guess about the bathroom) and when I looked at her she jumped back and when "whoa!!", presumably because I look like an old man and she thought a woman was passing. I'm not bothered by that, but I thought it was funny that the most obviously inappropriate reaction to me was inside an LGBTQ center.

Even though I didn't have much interaction with anyone. It feels like I am possibly going to have a connection to a community. That feels very good.

•