News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dilating and Flights

Started by Amorphia, May 26, 2019, 03:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amorphia

Hi there,

I'm due for my surgery on December 11th at PAI, and will be flying back on the 28th from Bangkok to London - so it's a 13 hour flight. What considerations should I make about dilation on such a long flight? I can't afford business or first unfortunately (its early, so I still get to choose seats and things.
  •  

Dena

Normally the plan is to dilate as late as possible before your flight then as soon as you can when you arrive. Clean up  after dilating on a plane would be rather difficult unless you have a private plane and it's important you don't risk an additional infection from dilating on the plane. After you home, sticking to your schedule should reduce the risk of losing what you have.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Denise

I also find it very difficult to dilate in a seated position.  It's actually, for me, impossible.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Kendra

I recommend spend additional time dilating before you leave for the airport.  Your first dilation after that time gap will probably be more difficult -  but you will get through it.

Or split your trip in half with a connecting flight between Bangkok and London, and time the connection so you don't have to rush.  A few larger airports have short-stay hotels inside the international terminal.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

emma-f

Which airline are you using? I'm out there in July and will be doing basically the same journey back with Emirates 5 August (flying back to Manchester, but pretty much the same flight time). I'm flying business class but thats for comfort and I won't be able to do any dilating on the plane (whilst the new A380 Business class cabins are more private, they're not THAT private) so I can let you know what, if anything, I find at Dubai airport. Unfortunately I only have a short stopover of like 90 minutes so it'll be tight but I'm happy to let you know how I get on

It looks like Dubai airport has "Snooze cubes" in the airport - little private rooms, at $21pp, minimum 2 hours?

Em x
  •  

Amorphia

Quote from: emma-f on May 28, 2019, 01:59:58 AM
Which airline are you using? I'm out there in July and will be doing basically the same journey back with Emirates 5 August (flying back to Manchester, but pretty much the same flight time). I'm flying business class but thats for comfort and I won't be able to do any dilating on the plane (whilst the new A380 Business class cabins are more private, they're not THAT private) so I can let you know what, if anything, I find at Dubai airport. Unfortunately I only have a short stopover of like 90 minutes so it'll be tight but I'm happy to let you know how I get on

It looks like Dubai airport has "Snooze cubes" in the airport - little private rooms, at $21pp, minimum 2 hours?

Em x

I'll be on Thailand Air - I prefer straight through flights, but I think that's like 13hrs on the way back or something crazy like that. The big thing I suppose is that I am concerned that there won't be any issues if I effectively miss a couple of dilations, especially so early on.
  •  

AnonyMs

I wouldn't transit the middle-east. Trans women have been detained there, just transiting. It's rare, but has happened. And for surgery you'd likely be carrying drugs that may be illegal.
  •