Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dress Barn Closing

Started by NancyBalik, May 27, 2019, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NancyBalik

Dress Barn has long been known as a trans-friendly store where we've been welcomed into dressing rooms for many years. I've tried on dresses there myself after walking into the store in male mode. I'll personally be sad to see another retail outlet go down. J. C. Penny's  (where I've only bought underwear and stockings) may be one of the next to fall. Shopping has changed. Nancy
  •  

JaimeL71

Penny's would be heartbreaking, as the wife and I love to shop there.  Plus, some of their brands like Liz Claiborne and Worthington are carrying size 12 shoes, which is nice to see since Payless is almost gone, as well.  I actually got a couple of nice pairs of boots and booties during their closing sale.
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

I never knew they were so trans friendly. 

I never shopped there.  The name was never appealing to me.  I'm weird I guess.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

VickyMI

The name Was never a winner. 

What did the cow say to the other cow....Where did you get that dress? 
Happy T Gurl living as Vicky half time.
  •  

TonyaW

I've been in a Dress Barn but never bought anything there.  Just nothing I was looking for I guess.

Penney's in trouble?  Hadn't heard that but yeah it would be a huge bummer.  They've got tall sizes on-line and I can fit the size 12 shoes they have. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

JaimeL71

Quote from: TonyaW on May 31, 2019, 06:47:24 AM
I've been in a Dress Barn but never bought anything there.  Just nothing I was looking for I guess.

Penney's in trouble?  Hadn't heard that but yeah it would be a huge bummer.  They've got tall sizes on-line and I can fit the size 12 shoes they have. 

From what I recall, they were in trouble when the ex-Apple CEO was running things, but the current CEO seems to have righted the ship.  I think Macy's has closed more stores recently than Penny's...

95% of my wardrobe is from Penny's.  I have very good luck with their brands and most of their non-tall sizes work for this 5'-11" girl.  Even with my not so girly shoulders, I've haven't had many issues with tops not fitting.  What makes Penny's so appealing is their prices.  If you catch a good sale, it's almost impossible not to take a flier on an item you are not totally sure on.  They are also really good with returns, as well. 
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: JaimeL71 on May 31, 2019, 08:05:18 AM
From what I recall, they were in trouble when the ex-Apple CEO was running things, but the current CEO seems to have righted the ship.  I think Macy's has closed more stores recently than Penny's...

95% of my wardrobe is from Penny's.  I have very good luck with their brands and most of their non-tall sizes work for this 5'-11" girl.  Even with my not so girly shoulders, I've haven't had many issues with tops not fitting.  What makes Penny's so appealing is their prices.  If you catch a good sale, it's almost impossible not to take a flier on an item you are not totally sure on.  They are also really good with returns, as well.
That's good to hear. I'm 6'2" so the tall size works better for me, though I do have some leggings I got in the store that I wear no problem.

If you watch the sales things can get really cheap.  Got like 3 pair of shoes for less than $35 on clearance.  The leggings usually have some deal that makes them around $7-8 and there's lots of in store sales in their a.n.a. brand. There's  a picture of me somewhere here with a skirt I got for $7 with all the coupons   and sales.

•  

Jen61

I've walked by Dress Barn so many times,  mostly when I was younger, and wanted to go in and try everything on. Guess I'll never get the chance.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

•  

TonyaW

•