Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hair to disguise hairline

Started by Lunarite, May 28, 2019, 01:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarite

I have a small amount of hair loss at the corners of my forehead. Nothing too advanced for my age, but still distinctly un-feminine. I was waiting to grow it out until after I had hair grafts done, but from what I see I should probably wait until after FFS, which will be a little while anyway - plus, it takes ages for the hair graft to actually take full effect.
So, I figure I'd better start now. I have decided that I have had my last real* haircut (annoyingly, which was all of two days before I realised timescales weren't on my side). This means that when I get to a point of transitioning I will still have a male hairline. Later on, I'll have strangely short hair around the hairline. It'll be a couple of years before hair lengths even match.

What can I do to disguise this? I've never had long hair before, so I don't really know how it works! I can only really think of keeping a fringe (which means cutting good hair) or a centre parting (which I don't imagine would suit me).

Is it a problem later on, when grafted hair is short but other hair is long? I have been told that product can keep it tamed and flat with the rest, but I have no experience! The parts of my hair now that are trimmed short are very bushy - where I have it, my hair is very dense - and it wouldn't be great to have short hair sticking up at the hairline underneath decent length hair.

* I figure I'll probably still go back to the hairdresser every so often and see if she can find a way to make it presentable while growing it out, while removing as little as possible. I mean, this is a thing people do, right?
  •  

Dena

You probably should wait 2-3 years on blockers before deciding how far down your hairline goes. If after that, you still need to do something with your hair there are other options. In my avatar, I used a perm to cover any gaps in my hair as well as my forehead. If you want a straight style, consider bangs or a Dorthy Hamel/wedge cut. I know they are shorter styles but you didn't mention your age and older women tend to wear shorter easer to care for styles. My part is the rear center of my head and from that point the hair covers both the front and sides of my head covering any imperfections in my hair line.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Allie Jayne

I have slight corner receding, but just let my hair hang over to cover it. Many cis women have this problem and either just select the best styles to not emphasise it or take positive steps to hide it. Look at this video.

Allie
  •