Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A Question About GCS Surgery in Thailand

Started by emma-f, May 29, 2019, 02:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma-f

So, I'm now 46 days out from GCS surgery and trying not panic and check that I have everything together.

I'm from the UK and travelling to Thailand for the surgery.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting insurance cover in case something goes wrong? My usual travel insurance won't cover it, and if something happened (god forbid) such that I was in hospital for weeks that would be VERY expensive.

Does anyone know of any good insurance companies to look into to cover this? When I do Google searches the topics always seem to be about insurance and whether it actually covers the surgery, not about covering things should it go wrong?

Emma x
  •  

Cindy

Hi Emma,

I do know that is a real problem and I'm pretty sure that no travel insurance will cover going overseas for cosmetic surgery, GCS would be regarded as cosmetic.

I did find this

https://www.finder.com.au/medical-tourism-insurance

It is for Australians but it might give you some links for UK based companies.

•  

emma-f

Thank you! I might contact them and see. I'm also going to contact my own provider see if I can pay a premium to cover it. I've also written to the surgeon see if his insurance covers anything.

Beyond that I might be in fingers crossed territory.

Emma x
  •