Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

THE MOST FRUSTRATING PARTS OF TRANSITIONING

Started by jkredman, May 29, 2019, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkredman

HappyMoni suggested starting this Thread; yet hasn't done it.

So I'll start it for her......

The most frustrating thing for me is LOSING WEIGHT.

I got rid of 10 pounds.  Now I'm stuck.   

Ugh!!!!

Kate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

Maid Marion

Portion control.  I bought a cheap electronic scale and weigh what I cook.  This is especially useful when baking, as it weighing stuff is the most accurate way of getting the right amount of flour for a recipe.

I typically cook single portions.  I have a sweet tooth, so I eat sweets while cooking.  And finish the meal by eating a salad, often without dressing.

Don't eat from a bag.  Move what you intend to eat into a plate or bowl to prevent over-eating.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

That some people think that you are just a dude who likes wearing women's clothing for whatever reason and purpose that is weird, when in reality you are a mtf transsexual who is wearing the appropriate clothes for her gender and you are simply presenting yourself as a woman you are.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lexxi

Trying to get an appointment with a good therapist so I can get the letter I need to start HRT. It's driving me crazy!! lol
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

F_P_M

for me, the WAITING.
it feels like nothing is happening. Like my life is on pause.
I can't bloody stand it.

but this reminds me, i need to phone my gp.
  •  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: F_P_M on May 30, 2019, 05:58:40 AM
for me, the WAITING.
it feels like nothing is happening. Like my life is on pause.
I can't bloody stand it.

but this reminds me, i need to phone my gp.
Yup. Lots of hurry up and wait and many parts of life just seem like they're on hold.

Most frustrating for me is having to balance the snail's pace at which HRT works its magic with the need to have it all done yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

CallMeV

It's a tie between how long I'm going to have wait for top surgery and the fact that my body/dysphoria prevents me from having a relationship

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

I am with @F_P_M: it's the waiting.  I almost had no milestones at all to report in 2018, just waiting.  Only one psychiatrist appointment, that I had to wait a year for, brightened up the year.

There is so much waiting in this process.  Waiting to get appointment dates, waiting for the dates to come around, waiting for professionals to write letters, waiting for legislative changes to happen, waiting for them to be implemented, waiting, waiting, waiting.  I'd have finished my transition in less than a year if I'd had my druthers.  And I'm not getting any younger.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Lexxi

I'm right there with you Kathy. If I could I'd make my transition complete by Sunday evening. lol I'm ready to let the real me out right this minute.
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

Cayla

Certainly the waiting for appointments and time to transition is very frustrating.

Cayla
  •  

jkredman

I guess for me waiting on the appointment was tough but I could live  with it.

It's when they call and say they have to reschedule:  That's what will cause me to cry.

Kate

Kate
  •  

CynthiaAnn

For me, it was facial hair electrolysis, OMG  :o

C -
  •  

jkredman

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 31, 2019, 06:52:32 PM
For me, it was facial hair electrolysis, OMG  :o

C -
Get that starting the second half of June.

Kate
  •