Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

EV 40 ml shortage?

Started by CindyLouFromCO, May 31, 2019, 03:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouFromCO

Is anyone also having issues getting EV 40ml?

I've been trying for two months.  Walgreens said the manufacturer is out of stock.

I'm having to go to EV 20ml.  I'm fine with that.  Yesterday I had to start using my older pills as backup until next week.  Such a pain taking pills multiple times a day.  I was so use to the easy life of injections.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on May 31, 2019, 03:32:48 PM

I ran into a shortage of above last summer, and had to switch pharmacies to continue, I came close to running out. It seems we hear about this more often these days, IMHO.

I switched to patches this year, and have kept my extra bottles in reserve (good till late next year) as a back up.

Good luck Cindy

C -
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 31, 2019, 03:42:38 PM
I ran into a shortage of above last summer, and had to switch pharmacies to continue, I came close to running out. It seems we hear about this more often these days, IMHO.

I switched to patches this year, and have kept my extra bottles in reserve (good till late next year) as a back up.

Good luck Cindy

C -
Thanks Cynthia!  It's a good idea to save up.  I would have checked sooner but I was saving money this year by using the leftover from each vial until I ran out then I put my request in and waited and waited.  I'll just refill every month no matter what from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on May 31, 2019, 03:32:48 PM

I've been trying for two months.  Walgreens said the manufacturer is out of stock.

I'm having to go to EV 20ml.  I'm fine with that.  Yesterday I had to start using my older pills as backup until next week.  Such a pain taking pills multiple times a day.  I was so use to the easy life of injections.

I used that for for almost 3 years. I never had any problems getting it at all. They would just auto fill it and I would pick it up. One strange thing, when I first started hrt my doctor had me on huge doses of Premarin. My dad's insurance would not cover HRT for me. Their rule was that HRT was covered for females only. Meaning genetic women only. They no doubt would have made a huge stink about covering it for a 17 year old boy. My dad didn't want the headache so he just paid for it. The injectable estrogen , spiro pills and provera pills were actually not that expensive. But that Premarin was $400.00 a month. That is taking 5 pills a day. Actually I told her I had heard Premarin was not good. She told me I would only be on it for 2 months and then she would put me on the injectable estrogen. I really don't know if it's true but she told me Premarin was an extremely potent form of estrogen. She said no other brand, even injectables, was as powerful. She said she wanted me to do a very high dose of premarin for 2 months before starting the injections. It took long enough  for my dad to find a Doctor who would do HRT on someone under 18 so I was not going to Argue with her. She also gave me very large doses of spiro up until I had SRS.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 31, 2019, 09:06:59 PM
I used that for for almost 3 years. I never had any problems getting it at all. They would just auto fill it and I would pick it up. One strange thing, when I first started hrt my doctor had me on huge doses of Premarin. My dad's insurance would not cover HRT for me. Their rule was that HRT was covered for females only. Meaning genetic women only. They no doubt would have made a huge stink about covering it for a 17 year old boy. My dad didn't want the headache so he just paid for it. The injectable estrogen , spiro pills and provera pills were actually not that expensive. But that Premarin was $400.00 a month. That is taking 5 pills a day. Actually I told her I had heard Premarin was not good. She told me I would only be on it for 2 months and then she would put me on the injectable estrogen. I really don't know if it's true but she told me Premarin was an extremely potent form of estrogen. She said no other brand, even injectables, was as powerful. She said she wanted me to do a very high dose of premarin for 2 months before starting the injections. It took long enough  for my dad to find a Doctor who would do HRT on someone under 18 so I was not going to Argue with her. She also gave me very large doses of spiro up until I had SRS.
I think Premera was the old estrogen they used pre 1990's.  They did not use AA's as it suppressed T on its own.  It's actually horse estrogen.  My older transgender friends told me to do a little for a few months also.  They swear by it.

Yeah I had no issues for 2.5 years with EV 40.  Before that I was on EV 20 then that ran out so I switched to EV 40.  Before EV 20 I was on pills.  Now EV 20 is in stock they say.

It sounds like you have a good doctor.  Mine would not give me Premera.

I don't know if it's the change to pills or not but I've been crying off and on all evening because I saw two baby raccoons next to their dead mother.  I could not do anything.  They ran up to me when I stopped and got out of my car.  My boyfriend is out of town so I called the DNR.  I had to leave.  I could not keep them.  They are gone now.  I hope someone saved them.  I think so.  I got back and looked around their mother.  No sign of them..  I'm just telling myself they was rescued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •