News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Transition humor

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 02, 2024, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

« on: June 27, 2019, 08:49:01 pm »
I have told several of my friends that I am only going to transition once, so I may as well have fun with it. The day my legal name change was finalized I went to the Social Security office. After a very long wait I finally talked to a clerk. As she read over my paperwork...

Clerk: I need to get a supervisor. I have never done a gender change before.
Me: That's OK. Take your time. I have never done one before either.

A few days ago I asked my wife if there was anything I should pick up on the way home...

Susan: Yes, get some Whoppers.
Me: I already got some. Dr. Ley gave them to me in Scottsdale!

Let's face it, transitioning is one of the most difficult things anyone can do. It is painful, both physically and emotionally. The only way I have survived is by trying to have a sense of humor about it.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Devlyn

My Social Security person said almost the exact same thing. And I said almost the exact same thing you did.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Someone came into a hardware store and I overhead that he asked for a gender bender.  I resisted the temptation to speak up about myself.  LOL

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

It is not unheard of in electronics stores for someone to ask for a sex adapter or sex converter, i.e. a device that converts a male connector into a female one, for example RS-232 connectors. I always found that terminology funny and thought I'd need that!

Heidemarie
  •