Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A day in the life of Jessica_k

Started by Jessica_K, January 02, 2024, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_K

Hi folks,

Well I have an empty blog so I better start and put something in it...

Today was first day back to school oops work and to face the M25 that was unusually quiet. 8 hrs later and I have to go to Chelmsford. That was not so nice very high winds. In fact my clothes are still in the car as I just grabbed my bag with food in and dashed to the apartment before I got blown away and never seen again, I do however need to go down and get them..

It may have been better to have renamed the blog to A boring day in the life... as definitely nothing more interesting has happened than mentioned. Maybe more will happen tomorrow lol

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica_K
Dear Jessica:
I am so very glad to see that you have made it back "home" here where I , and the rest
of your Forum friends have been looking for you to return.   

This new, rebooted Forum is a little different in several respects but in no time you
will be able to navigate around the site without a problem.

WOW .... your new, fresh, Blog thread....   most of us here are scraping up our old Blogs
and patching together our life stories that we had shared in the past.

Some people wish for a "reset button" in their lives... well, we all got a reset button
to start the new 2024 year.

I will be eagerly following your posting on your Blog thread and all around the Forum.

As always, if you have any questions regarding the Forum please contact me.

Many HUGS, and WELCOME BACK
Danielle   [Northern Star Girl]
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Jessica_K

Thank you Danielle,

As I did not have a blog until about a year ago there is nothing to attach to. But as it always was a day in my life, the day at that point in time, then those days have gone and these new ones are to be created.

I had realised yesterday, that as all my early posts have gone perhaps a small introduction would be in order. So here goes.

I have just had my 71st birthday just before Christmas and started my journey 5 years or so ago, hence a few posts still remain. I live in Hampshire, the south of the UK. I have been married to K for 2 years, though we had been together for about 15. Bone of contention here. More about that...

I have been on HRT for most of that time I have been on SP and my fifth birthday is next month though as I had lost my ticker (not my heart lol) I cannot now remember the precise date.

I also been socially transitioned right from the start when I turned up to work dressed as me, after letting HR know what I was doing. I still work at the same place but almost everyone from that time has moved on. so now I am stealth and current staff just know me as a cis-woman.

All so far is the dream, but there is a but. With all my social transitioning, with many friends that I have made since I have one large problem. K, she refuses to accept me and as so I cannot by myself when with her, so it's continuous changing of clothes and going back to my dead life when home. My old blogs often had posts of the difficulty this produced. And to be honest not sure how long the marriage will last.

A few New Year's resolutions:

1. I am to put myself first more.
2. I am applying for my passport gender update (already had driving licence and NHS markers changed for sometime)
3. This one I will not mention yet because some of it is out of my control

Well that in a nutshell is me as this post is long enough. More will get posted as my day in my life encounters them

Thank you for reading if you get to here lol

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks for the fresh introduction, Jessica! It can be difficult to keep up with everyone, and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Welcome back.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

REM.1126

Thank you for restating your story.  Probably a good idea for all blogs, because I am sure new people will join and the archives won't be around to catch up.
  •  

Jessica_K

This week is a bit different.

With Monday being a bank (public) holiday everything is a bit squiffy. Plus i had to be home Friday for a visit to the vampire. As such i have only been away from home for 3 days. 3 days of being myself.

I had been staying in an apartment, my preferred accommodation as I can cook my own food. I took with me my spices and jars of miso etc so I could cook Indian and Asian food, bought extras at lunch tine.

My first evening meal is a big fav of mine a tarka daal. For convenience, as It is always late on the first evening due to the full days work and travelling, I buy a kit with the lentils precooked and basic sauce and spices. To this I tweak with my own spices to raise it above the mundane kit.

My second evening I have more time, and with another trip to the supermarket I got what I needed to make another fav of mine a ramen. I did forget the veg stock, but the dried mushrooms and all the otter broth ingredients meant it really did not miss much. In the broth I put some seared >-bleeped-<aki mushroom, spring onions, udon noodles, and pak choi. Plus some veg gyoza I found in Lidls it was very very tasty.

Then home tonight, as this post is epicurean I will end it with a little moan. So K said she would cook for when I got home about 7:30pm. Great I thought until it was dished up. She did put effort into the food with it being a beef casserole, cooked for hours, except I just cannot get it into her head that I am veggie. I am not a morel veggie, just prefer not to eat meat. Well I was hungry and she had spent the effort so I ate it, leaving some of the meat. It was very tasty too, just not what I wanted.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Jessica_Rose

Scientists have figured out how to convert vegetables and grains into something tasty and nutritious... they feed it to a cow.

Squiffy? That's a new one. The US and England, two countries separated by a common language.

I hope you have a great weekend, Jessica!

Love always -- Jess
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Jessica_K

I have been looking for a reference to the amount of time I started taking HRT as I know my 5 year anniversary is coming up in February. I found an old post of mine dated 22 Feb that said I had started 3 days earlier. So that makes it 19 Feb 2019.

Looking back on those posts I clearly I do not remember the dates of things, though remember the story.

The things I did to test the water in my office. The small steps of going out for the first time as me. The priming of work with clients, nails painted, more girly tops etc. then the final explosion of full time (ish) of going to my clients as myself.

I must have been so very brave putting my life and career on the line and, this is the bit I do not remember clearly, all before I started HRT..old school.

So how old am I, which date was Jessica born. That first step into the unknown or as I had previously calculated the start of HRT?

I miss the ticker that showed where I was in Jessica's journey, a quick reference on how far I have travelled. I looked on the tickerfactory site but did not find a ticker that counted from a date, the ones here must have been custom. I had not set a ticker before the rollback date.

And the ish? I personly think of myself as full time but not with K. Home alone or with friends when she is away I can stay as me for a time. Last year it was a whole month (another set of posts lost) So yes I consider myself as full time. I never stop being me, it's just clothes..

Just thoughts. 

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jessica_K on January 05, 2024, 12:51:13 AMI have been looking for a reference to the amount of time I started taking HRT as I know my 5 year anniversary is coming up in February. I found an old post of mine dated 22 Feb that said I had started 3 days earlier. So that makes it 19 Feb 2019.

Looking back on those posts I clearly I do not remember the dates of things, though remember the story.

The things I did to test the water in my office. The small steps of going out for the first time as me. The priming of work with clients, nails painted, more girly tops etc. then the final explosion of full time (ish) of going to my clients as myself.

I must have been so very brave putting my life and career on the line and, this is the bit I do not remember clearly, all before I started HRT..old school.

So how old am I, which date was Jessica born. That first step into the unknown or as I had previously calculated the start of HRT?

I miss the ticker that showed where I was in Jessica's journey, a quick reference on how far I have travelled. I looked on the tickerfactory site but did not find a ticker that counted from a date, the ones here must have been custom. I had not set a ticker before the rollback date.

And the ish? I personly think of myself as full time but not with K. Home alone or with friends when she is away I can stay as me for a time. Last year it was a whole month (another set of posts lost) So yes I consider myself as full time. I never stop being me, it's just clothes..

Just thoughts. 

Hugs
Jessica xxx

Take a look here, Jessica
:)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica_K

Thanks Devlyn. Both of my tickers are working now lol

Hugs
Jessica xx

•  

Devlyn

I do what I can.  :)

I only see one ticker, though?

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Jessica_K

•  

Devlyn

Duh! now I get it! Blonde moment!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Jessica_K

Well today has been one of those days

I have worked from home today. I had a vampire appointment at 10:50, so tried to get some pressing work done. I was home so was in male mode incase K came down. I suddenly noticed all my time had gone and I had 10mins to get to the quacks, K had not surfaced so took the risk of getting changed in my bedroom.

There was no way I was going to the surgery as male, I am registered as female, my NHS. Number is female. So changed very quickly no makeup and drove into the village with a minute to spare.

I was only expected a test of my thyroid but the nurse took a whole arm full. I asked and was told I was getting a 'MOT'. I could not spend the time asking more as I had to get home for a meeting. For anyone that does not know what a MOT is, it stands for Ministfy of transport, and is short for a test of car road worthiness and is now also used to mean a medical checkup.

I had to change (male) before going home just in case K had got up. She had not, I rushed upstairs to change again (female) for my meeting. Meeting finished I changed again (male)

I then had a second meeting turn up so change again (female). When that was over back to male. Gish!! I feel like I need a lie down now... A day in my life.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Jessica_Rose

I don't think I could ever flip back and forth like that, and do do it multiple times in one day? You're awesome Jessica! I hope all of the test results are 'within acceptable parameters'. Get some rest, I think I need a nap too.

Love always -- Jess
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_K

This is a good news story...

Saturday was a lazy day got up late. K fixed breakfast, porridge, it was lovely. With not doing much I suggested that I would cook us cheese omelettes for lunch and a ramen for dinner. The lunch was going to be easy, but I needed a few bits for the ramen. K did not want to go out, continuing the lazy theme, so I did on my own.

I decided I would go before lunch but before I left, checked on other bits that were needed. A small list of basics was made and off I went. After getting all the bits at the checkout I had a shock, £67 for a few bits!!! This included a tin of Baxter's soup (was less than £1 a few months ago was now £1.90.

Anyway back home I made the omelettes, it was near 3pm now so they wants down well. Continued the lazy theme. I started the ramen eventually and this time I had the cheesecloth needed to get a lovely clear ramen broth from all the things that went into its making. To the broth I added with other ingredients shiitake mushrooms for me and chicken for K it was excellent.

Was this the good news? Well not quite, that was the next day. Sunday. It started badly ....  I had arranged to meet my friend Jack at his about 11am to give him back his big monoblock power amps. I with K's help had got them in the car the night before so all I had to do was go.

To go I needed to be Jessica and thinking K was still upstairs as I had provided breakfast in bed an hour earlier, I came down dressed in blue boot cut jeans, a red thick top and wedge heel boots, with the clothes I need for changing on the way home, my makeup bag, handbag, and boxed wig. I intended to finish off in the car.

We I think you can guess.. she was down, I apologised profusely and rushed out, she rushed upstairs and slammed her bedroom door. I thought this was it. I had blown all the hard work. There was nothing I could now do, so off to Jacks I went.

When I got there there was a voicemail message from k. I really did not know what to expect. I listen to it. I said. " Shirls had called her and we had been invited to go with them to dinner at the white hart pub. I was taken aback "we". Not I (her) but we. That I had to contact her (K) if it was OK so Shirls could add us to their booking.

Of course I said yes. What had happened? Why had the booking increased to add us.. I will never know. But I got back home, it was normal no argument just... normal and we had dinner out, as a foursome, a great evening out, back to theirs for coffee and home. Nothing said about the morning. That is what I call good news!!

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

davina61

Don't talk to me about food prices ,I used to spend about £25 to £30 a week depending on what had run out but now its £40 plus every week and that is just mostly essentials. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

REM.1126

40 pounds a week sounds ...very inexpensive compared to our bill.  We can put over $100 of groceries in a hand basket. A weeks groceries are probably $200 minimum.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I think I'm getting stronger as I age. Thirty years ago, I needed a cart to carry $100 of groceries to my car. Now I can do it in one hand.

Love always -- Jess
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •