Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Gina's journey

Started by Gina P, January 06, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gina P

Spoke to Courtney, she has very little bruising around the eyes while mine are a real mess. Doc said hers surgery was harder, so why am I more swollen? I guess its just body types or something like that. So I still have a hard time posting pictures here so I'll put it up on my avatar for a day or two. Finally able to get some sleep last night. That felt good.

ChrissyRyan

I guess everyone is different.

I hope your recovery proceeds well and swelling is vastly reduced.

Do get your rest.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Northern Star Girl

@Gina P
Dear Gina:
Wow... when I first saw your profile photo showing your bruising around
your eye, my immediate thought was that you fell off of your horse. :)

Be patient... in a week or so, a lot of the bruising and swelling will
start going away.....  patience!  but the resultant reward will make
all of that well worth it.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````
Regarding the difficulties that you mentioned about posting pictures on
your posts and around the Forum....  I did see that back in February this
year that you were able to put up a photo on your posting:
      https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246921.msg2262950.html#msg2262950

Have you tried using Imgur.com ???  If you are still having problems, please
send me a private message with details so that I can assist you in solving
your picture posting issues.

Wishing you success and happiness when you can finally see the results of your
surgery.

HUGS, Danielle [Northern Star Girl]

Quote from: Gina P on September 14, 2024, 08:29:55 AMSpoke to Courtney, she has very little bruising around the eyes while mine are a real mess. Doc said hers surgery was harder, so why am I more swollen? I guess its just body types or something like that. So I still have a hard time posting pictures here so I'll put it up on my avatar for a day or two. Finally able to get some sleep last night. That felt good.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.
  ❤️❤️❤️
             (Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the Hunted Prey : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Oh my Gina.  This is one significant bruise.  However, I hope after it recedes that you are happy with the result.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

davina61

As we get older we bruise more easily ,bumped my arm the other day and not so I noticed and have an inch size mark thats taken 10days to fade. Hope it recovers soon and you are happy with your new look XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Gina P

Since starting E, everything I touch cuts me or bruises me. The nurse that administered the IV asked if I had gotten into a fight with a cat because of all the scratches on my arm.
  Swelling has dropped significantly and the bruising is beginning to fade. I cant wait till I'm able to use my CPAP again. When tested for sleep apnea I had 2 episodes a minute where I stopped breathing. Perhaps this will fix some of that? One can dream!
  I see the Doc. tomorrow to have the packing removed. Can't be soon enough for me to be able to breathe again. Then this will all seam like a small passing blip on my life.
  I have not had to use any pain meds throughout this. Amazing that it doesn't hurt. Nose is very tender to touch, but that's all.
   I ordered an laser/IPL last week. Not an expensive one but it had good reviews. I'll keep you all updated as to how good it works. As my boobs have grown it harder and harder to shave between them. I always had a bit of fur on my stomach and chest which unfortunately HRT has not diminished. Also very annoying to have that bristle feel between shavings.
Gina
  •  

Lori Dee

I know it takes time to heal. It is good that you are not in pain for that. Hoping all works out well for you.

Hugs!

Lori
:icon_suspicious:
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I wish you the best Gina.

Chrissy
  •  

Gina P

I had my follow up with the doctor. He removed the packing and I CAN BREATHE again!! Yay. It feels so much more open than I can ever remember. Air passes through so easy. Doc smiled and said that's what I do! He left the clear cast on to protect it for a couple of more days which is fine with me. I worry about bumping it during the night. I go back in a week for a follow up and have the stiches removed from the tip if they are still in there. Black eyes have turned a wonderful shade of yellow and some has settled through my cheeks all the way to my chin. Yikes!    I have a horse competition on Saturday. I think I will be using a generous amount of makeup.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Gina P on September 16, 2024, 11:32:37 AMI had my follow up with the doctor. He removed the packing and I CAN BREATHE again!! Yay. It feels so much more open than I can ever remember. Air passes through so easy. Doc smiled and said that's what I do! He left the clear cast on to protect it for a couple of more days which is fine with me. I worry about bumping it during the night. I go back in a week for a follow up and have the stiches removed from the tip if they are still in there. Black eyes have turned a wonderful shade of yellow and some has settled through my cheeks all the way to my chin. Yikes!    I have a horse competition on Saturday. I think I will be using a generous amount of makeup.

Looks like thins are better.  That is good!

Chrissy
  •  

Lori Dee

Quote from: Gina P on September 16, 2024, 11:32:37 AMI had my follow up with the doctor. He removed the packing and I CAN BREATHE again!! Yay. It feels so much more open than I can ever remember. Air passes through so easy. Doc smiled and said that's what I do! He left the clear cast on to protect it for a couple of more days which is fine with me. I worry about bumping it during the night. I go back in a week for a follow up and have the stiches removed from the tip if they are still in there. Black eyes have turned a wonderful shade of yellow and some has settled through my cheeks all the way to my chin. Yikes!    I have a horse competition on Saturday. I think I will be using a generous amount of makeup.

Breathing is always good!  ;D

You can speed up the bruising clearing up with Arnica cream. Don't use it near your eyes, but yellow/green spots on your cheek and chin are okay. Since your nose is healing, I would wait to use it there too. It is sort of a mild blood thinner that helps dissipate the bruise once it has healed.

I used it on my face after my eye surgery. Same issue with it on my cheeks.

Glad you are healing well.

Hugs!

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Creams do have many uses, don't they?

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Gina P
Dear Gina:
Several days ago you had mentioned here on your Blog thread that you were having
difficulties posting pictures on the Forum.

Please take a look at the following information....
      Photo posting Instructions for your Forum postings and private messages
                      Click Link below:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,239999.msg2260062.html#msg2260062

Please let me know if you need assistance.

HUGS, Danielle [Northern Star Girl]

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.
  ❤️❤️❤️
             (Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the Hunted Prey : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com
  •  

Gina P

My wife talked me into going for a short trail ride on Wednesday. Yes, only 5 days since the nose job. Somehow while cinching up the horse I bumped my nose on the stirrup. Yeowwww. Lucky i still had the cast on. Had to stop on the trail and cut a small tree out of the way. Only rode 2 miles but I was wiped out. Way to soon, to go riding. We have a competition on Saturday so we were hopping to get a little time in the saddle.
  Mowed my last field of hay today. Supposed to have a run of nice weather. Hopefully bale it on Sunday.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Please be careful Gina.

Hope things go well Saturday too.

Chrissy
  •  

Lori Dee

Quote from: Gina P on Yesterday at 03:52:42 PMMy wife talked me into going for a short trail ride on Wednesday. Yes, only 5 days since the nose job. Somehow while cinching up the horse I bumped my nose on the stirrup. Yeowwww. Lucky i still had the cast on. Had to stop on the trail and cut a small tree out of the way. Only rode 2 miles but I was wiped out. Way to soon, to go riding. We have a competition on Saturday so we were hopping to get a little time in the saddle.
  Mowed my last field of hay today. Supposed to have a run of nice weather. Hopefully bale it on Sunday.

Looking good, Gina!

Don't be in such a hurry. It will heal if you quit smacking on things.  ;D

Hugs!

•  

Gina P

My doc said the cast on my nose could be removed anytime now but I'm leaving it on for protection. Somehow I bang my nose every night while sleeping, only to wake up in pain. In a few days the sensitivity will subside and all will be good.
  On a better note, 3 months, 1 week and no more discharge from the bottom surgery. I'm free from pads!  
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Gina P on Today at 05:41:53 AMMy doc said the cast on my nose could be removed anytime now but I'm leaving it on for protection. Somehow I bang my nose every night while sleeping, only to wake up in pain. In a few days the sensitivity will subside and all will be good.
  On a better note, 3 months, 1 week and no more discharge from the bottom surgery. I'm free from pads! 

Sounds like progress!

Chrissy
  •