Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you display pre-transition photos of yourself?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 09, 2024, 08:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Some people who transition are able to embrace the person they used to be, while others try to forget. While my 'predecessor' will always be a part of my life, photos of them only remind me of the pain I endured for decades. Although I will not destroy them, I do not have any photos of the person I used to be on display in my house.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

Northern Star Girl

I do not display pre-transition photos of myself very often....
but there is one that I usually will show yo my good friends.

Before: In high school, well before transitioning. 
After: February 2018
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

EllenW

I never liked photos of myself before transitioning so there is no way I would ever have any on display in my house. I am much more open about having my photo taken now. Although the only photos I have up now are three small photos of my late wife.

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

Donica

I only have one photo of my pretransition life left. I purged the rest many years ago. I believe I've shared it here once before. It may no longer be available now, but once I figure out how to get back into my Imgur account, I may repost a then and now photo set.

Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Allie Jayne

I am proud of my former life, and I don't view my male self with dysphoric feelings. I have my old photos up on my walls as they are precious memories with the people I love. I just have a condition which needed treatment, and I didn't become a different person, just a slightly different looking person.

Hugs,

Allie
  •  

Jessica_K

Very recently I received a lot of old photos of my children when they were young from my ex. I am in a few, holding babies, pushing swings, helping building sand castles etc. These are precious memories. They are not displayed but I do not mind looking at them.

The only recent photo of me is a collage of my daughter's wedding. It sits in Kay"s bedroom and that's OK.

I do not like pictures of me before transition because I am not that person anymore. Why would I generally want to see pics of that person.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

Susan

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

Sarah B

I have never displayed photos of me before or after.  I tend not to like having my picture taken and if I came across photos of me before hand I would destroy them if I could.  I also love photography so I tend not to be in the photos per se.

I do have a couple of photos of me before, that I will keep.  Winning Australia gold medal in life saving 1988, a picture of me and my mum when I graduated from college in 1980, a certificate in drafting and of course my avatar approx 1985.  The avatar is me at a barbecue for swimmers.

I guess with old age, one becomes mellow, hence the avatar, maybe I will eventually show pictures of myself, but now, I'm not ready to do that.

Kind regards to one and all.
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Sarah B

Susan and Danielle your photographs are absolutely stunning.

Kindest Regards
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Sarah B

Okay you got me!  18 months in and 6 months away from surgery and nearly 32 years old!

I'm 55 years old here

Kindest Regards
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

davina61

Only pic I have hung up is me driving the race car and all you can see is my red crash hat! I only have a few pics of me anyway as I mostly took the pics.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Donica

I've gained a bit of weight since then. Before is 2013, After is 2022

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.

Maid Marion

Yes, I was once a cover model and have that cover in a frame on the wall.
  •  

big kim

Yes I put a school photo from 1963 on my old school's Facebook page
  •  

Carla68

I used to hate my photo taken until I was transitioning

My old Facebook is still up and running and i still get posts from diehard friends on my birthday who don't read the message to use my new one or wonder why the profile pic is a skull

If someone asks I will dig a photo out (i was quite good looking as a boy)

We got a cleaner last year and at some point she did say she knew I was trans, mainly because the wedding photo in the lounge only seemed to look like one of us were in it(the wife) and I'm guessing the shaving foam and razor didn't help

Carla

Carla

Orchiectomy 28th July 2020
GRS 22nd June 2021
FFS 22nd June 2021
  •