Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Not really significant but kinda funny

Started by ClaireBlooming, January 11, 2024, 04:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClaireBlooming

I was having dinner with my daughter the other day.  She was complaining about the politics in her all-female workplace.  I almost choked on my fish when she looked at me and said "Aren't you glad you're a guy?"  ::)
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: ClaireBlooming on January 11, 2024, 04:18:12 PMI was having dinner with my daughter the other day.  She was complaining about the politics in her all-female workplace.  I almost choked on my fish when she looked at me and said "Aren't you glad you're a guy?"  ::)

Awesome! Reminds me of a story a few months before I came out at work. A co-worker mentioned a study that indicated the vast majority of shootings were by men, so there was a suggestion to only sell firearms to women. My first thought was 'well, in a few months that won't affect me one bit!'

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

D'Amalie

Quote from: ClaireBlooming on January 11, 2024, 04:18:12 PMI was having dinner with my daughter the other day.  She was complaining about the politics in her all-female workplace.  I almost choked on my fish when she looked at me and said "Aren't you glad you're a guy?"  ::)
Something missing in that interaction lol
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

ClaireBlooming

Quote from: D'Amalie on January 26, 2024, 02:40:10 PMSomething missing in that interaction lol

My first thought was "Oh honey, you have no idea"  ;D
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Claire

When I read your post all I did was laugh off my proverbial backside.  So poignant.

Best wishes and have a nice day
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

D'Amalie

I'm still snickering.

Did you see my post on another topic?  Here's the relevant part:

You don't have to throw in peoples faces, just live your life.  Like I told my son some 15 years ago.  He said, "Pop, you wearing a bra?"  My reply was simply, "Since when have you worried about my choice of underwear, son?  I am who I am right?"  He shrugged and went on with his life.

One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •