Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Did transitioning affect your patience?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 11, 2024, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Before transitioning, I would get frustrated very easily. I always wanted to do things quickly. Wait, you expect me to read the instructions? All two pages?  Even grocery shopping was often an exercise in frustration. Why does everyone get in my way all the time? Someone with a shopping cart ALWAYS cuts me off when I try to go to the next aisle!

Now? I don't like leftover parts, or having to disassemble something to put those 'extra' parts where they belong, so I read the manual. Grocery shopping is also much nicer. If someone seems to be in a hurry, I let them by. If someone can't find what they're looking for, I join the search. When I see people looking at the top shelf, I volunteer to help.

I no longer look at the world as a game I'm trying to win. It's simply a challenge we are all trying to survive.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Gina P

Before when something went wrong or broke I would punch something or kick a door in. The days of swelled knuckles and broken doors are over. I may groan but I have gained a lot more tolerance now. E has given me a life.
  •  

D'Amalie

Grinning beyond your imagination, girls. 

Gaining control, anger management you might say. My, my, I'm a different person.  Really.
I think a difference is a tolerance.  Its still hard to take a personal attack, yet I'm better at letting others be idiots.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah B

I'm a quiet reserved person and that has not changed over my lifetime and that makes me patient in whatever I do.

I never rush into the new 'fads', I sit back and watch what happens, I just take more time in doing things.

So no, changing my life around, my patience was never affected.  It has always been a fundamental part of who I am.

Best wishes to one and all
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story