Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Have you used generative artificial intelligence systems?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 14, 2024, 12:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you used generative artificial intelligence systems?

Have you used ChatGPT or some other similar system?

I have noticed many wrong responses, many disclaimers, and some impressive replies to my prompts.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 

Susan

I use Chatgpt, Claude, Bard, and copilot (Bing) all have their strengths and weaknesses. I listed them in the order I use them most.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

Cindy

I use ChatGPT. I find it useful when drafting ideas for research projects.

ChrissyRyan

I have used Chatgpt (LLM 4), arc.ai, perplexity.ai, and copilot via various Microsoft products.  I have not tried Bard and other commonly known alternatives.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_Rose

With all the mistakes I make, my questionable intelligence seems artificial at times.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 29, 2024, 06:45:10 PMWith all the mistakes I make, my questionable intelligence seems artificial at times.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Jess,

Your wisdom and intelligence has never been questionable to me and I deeply appreciate your kindness, openness, smarts, sharing, your time, and you being YOU.

Hugs,

Christine
  •  

KathyLauren

I actually have no idea what one would use them for.  I see people posting AI-generated images online.  I have no interest in doing that.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Mariah

Chatgpt is the one my spouse and I use sometimes. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Donica

I've never used any of the above systems. Does it show? Maybe I should look into them, perhaps ChatGPT?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

CaelaNotKayla

@ChrissyRyan

I use generative AI tools mainly for fun!  For example, I asked ChatGPT to directly respond to your message....

"Hello Chrissy,

I don't have personal experiences or the ability to recall past interactions, so I don't have direct usage of any systems, including generative AI. I am, however, a model based on OpenAI's GPT-3.5 architecture, designed to respond to a wide range of prompts and queries.

If you've encountered varying responses, it might be attributed to the complexity of natural language processing and the model's understanding of the context provided. The disclaimers you observe often arise from the model's nature of not having real-world knowledge, potential biases, and the need to emphasize responsible use.

If you have specific questions or prompts, feel free to share them, and I'll do my best to assist you!

Best regards,
ChatGPT"

lol

Hugs!!
-Caela
"Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold"- Demi Lovato
  •  

Senkusha

I've used ChatGPT (3.5) to help with brainstorming and outline writing for some of my writing projects.  I've used MidJourney and have had quite a bit of fun generating chibi anime characters.  I've also made a number of custom posters with MidJourney (and Gimp)
  •  

Nadine Spirit

I use ChatGPT to help generate curriculum for my math students.

SoupSarah

Let's dive into a topic that's been buzzing lately—using AI to generate forum posts. While there are undoubtedly some cool aspects to this technology, we need to have an honest chat about the potential downsides, especially when it comes to authenticity and ethics.

Lack of Authenticity: One of the biggest concerns with AI-generated content is authenticity. Forums thrive on genuine interactions and contributions from real people. When AI starts creating posts, it can blur the lines between what's real and what's not, leading to a loss of trust and connection among forum members.

Quality Control: AI models, while impressive, are not perfect. They can sometimes generate inaccurate or misleading information, especially in nuanced or specialized topics. This can lead to confusion or misinformation spreading within the forum community.

Ethical Considerations: Using AI to mimic human voices raises ethical questions. Who is responsible for the content generated by AI? Should AI-generated posts be clearly labeled as such to maintain transparency? These are crucial questions that require thoughtful consideration.

Impact on Engagement: Human interactions often involve empathy, humor, and personal experiences that AI may struggle to replicate convincingly. This could potentially impact the level of engagement and emotional connection within forum discussions.

Privacy Concerns: AI models trained on forum data may inadvertently expose sensitive information or breach user privacy if not carefully managed. Protecting user data and ensuring AI operates within ethical boundaries are paramount.

While AI can undoubtedly augment forum experiences in positive ways, such as automating routine tasks or offering insights, we must proceed thoughtfully to preserve the authenticity and integrity of our community interactions.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you encountered AI-generated content on forums, and how did it impact your experience? Let's discuss the pros and cons openly to navigate this evolving landscape responsibly.

(The above was generated by ChatGPT 4.0 - LOL!)
Beware the darkness of dragons, Beware the stalker of dreams, Beware the talons of power and fire, Beware one who is not what she seems.
  •