Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

3 Years since starting Hormones (repost)

Started by Carla68, January 15, 2024, 12:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carla68

found this post saved in Word so reposting as is my 3 year marker post (spoiler 5 coming really soon)

Whoop whoop first 3 years of HRT done!! and not to forget now 7 months post GRS

Warning this will ramble on a bit but I just wanted write some things down to mark 3 very important years in my journey that may be useful to someone else

I started HRT 3 years ago with blockers and patches after deciding not to wait 4 years for the NHS(still no appointment) and to go private in the UK (YourGP in Edinburgh)

So here's the physical updates

Thigh Hips   Testicles Bottom   Waist Lower Breast Breast Weight Distance between nipples   Aurora Nipples

1/19   52cm 92cm 8cm      94cm   90cm     94cm        98cm   11.4st      23.5cm                       2.5cm 0.5cm

1/21   54cm 94cm 6cm      96cm   92cm     94cm       105cm    11.8st      25cm                 3cm     0.7cm
           4cm(post ori)
1/22  53cm

I'm not sure if this is good or bad progress but definitely glad I kept a record as I moved along all of the measurements moved steadily from a to b with exception of weight as this dropped to 10.8st for quite a while(pre covid)

I have noticed a little less body hair but I wasn't that hairy before and also skin is a little softer but again was quite soft before (don't have dry elbows any more)

Still no noticeable difference in hips or butt unfortunately doesn't look like that is coming waist has got a bit bigger

The blocker injection was every 3 months and my testicles stopped producing testosterone as expected by the first blood test at 3 months the semen was clearing at 6 months and clear by 12 the size had reduced 2cms by the time I had the orchiectomy at 18 months (blocker no longer required)

My penis stopped waking up in the morning at about 2 months and probably started to be a little sore if stretched at about 17 months the orchiectomy doesn't seem to have made any difference to it. The penis was able to have an erection and orgasm until month 29 when it was removed it had probably lost an inch in length when erect at this point I'm not sure
how much difference this could of made to my new vaginas depth if I had GRS at time of Ori

My hair has got a lot thicker and longer so very happy about that

My breasts are definitely breasts they point towards the elbows abit more than I expected and I would say they don't make a cleavage yet but again hopefully still more changes to come

My breasts started to be tender about 3 weeks in and still are

I have changed the type of patches three times and had a dose increase with no side effects or anything noticeably different

I paid for blepharoplasty and that's been very good I also paid for some FFS on my chin and lip at same time as the GRS fairly happy with the lip, some marking still under chin expect to wait yet another year before looking into Breast Augmentation

I'm really glad I started my Hormones and my journey 3 years ago I think I have changed as a person and am happy especially as I pass for the woman I am

I still feel the same as I did before I started, the same as I felt when I was much younger and didn't even know what being transgender was, the same as I always feel, I'm still a happy easy going person, my friends treat me in the same way as they always have, I make new friends in the same way as always have nothings changed but I'm not sure that anything was meant to change or even if I was expecting anything to change

I remember at my first psychology appointments saying that I felt something just didn't feel right about being male well post op something does feel right about being female it's not a big difference I never thought it would be but I'm definitely happy with it
I also remember in the doctors letter her mentioning my resilient personality would prove useful and I think it has helped me take everything in my stride.

None of my hobbies and likes (of which I have many) have changed I think if the world itself hadn't become more gender equal I might of felt peer pressure to like football and beer less

If pushed I possibly don't like car chases in action movies as much as I used to and for whatever reason I can't crack an egg anymore

A year ago I said nothing had changed sexual attraction wise and I am still with and attracted to my wife unfortunately my wife is not a lesbian so it would be air to assume she is less attracted to me now. I do have a nagging thought to test out my new vagina which is I guess understandable
On a serious point I get the feeling if I was transitioning expecting my life to miraculously become better it wouldn't of, I would have had the same issues that I had before after all this

I hope some of my thoughts are of use to someone

I will probably visit the forum less now as this seems to be what happens but you never know

Thanks for all the support
Carla
Carla

Orchiectomy 28th July 2020
GRS 22nd June 2021
FFS 22nd June 2021

Northern Star Girl

@Carla68
Dear Carla:

I am so glad that you were able to find and re-post your 3 year HRT thread.
     ***What was the original date of that posting? ???

As you find more of your posts please continue to get them back on the Forum.

I have had fairly good success digging up some of my posts and threads, and even
my Blog threads and getting them back here on the Forum.

Thank you for making it back here to the Forum after the New Year's crash.   I will
continue to follow your future postings around the various threads and topics here.

HUGS,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •