Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are your favorite vegetables?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 24, 2024, 10:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

What are your favorite vegetables?

Do you grow any of them?

Do you choose organic veggies if possible?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenn104

Green beans. Egg Plant.

Super-ripe fresh in summer tomatoes. Especially heirlooms.

Oh and ummm Corn! Its got the juice! 

I don't worry about organic. I don't believe organic implies better, but that is me. I do look for as local and fresh as possible. Love that farmer's market in the summer.

~Jenn

"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

"We need to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
                  - Marsha P. Johnson

"Why not question everything?"
                  - Lynn Conway

•  

Jessica_Rose

My favorite vegetable? Please tell me there's a vegetable that tastes like bacon, because that would be my favorite.

Next to that, potatoes are really flexible. With the right spices, butter, or gravy, they can go with just about anything.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jenn104 on January 25, 2024, 06:05:37 AMGreen beans. Egg Plant.

Super-ripe fresh in summer tomatoes. Especially heirlooms.

Oh and ummm Corn! Its got the juice! 

I don't worry about organic. I don't believe organic implies better, but that is me. I do look for as local and fresh as possible. Love that farmer's market in the summer.

~Jenn

Jenn,

Sweet corn eaten within two days of picking is noticeably better than the corn bought at supermarkets.

Chrissy
  •  

Jessica_K

I love all vegetables except sprouts. I prefer white cauliflower (cauliflower) over green cauliflower (broccoli). Shirls our bestie does an amazing Sunday lunch, I will have a plate of roasted veg. Yummy..

Hugs
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

ChrissyRyan

I like cauliflower, broccoli, peas, asparagus, some beans, tomatoes (is that a fruit? I think it may actually be a berry as it does grow on vines), some squashes, some melons, and potatoes.

I like lettuce, spinach, and probably a lot more veggies!

Chrissy

•  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 25, 2024, 05:06:25 PMJenn,

Sweet corn eaten within two days of picking is noticeably better than the corn bought at supermarkets.

Chrissy

Did you know that there is a Broadway show about corn? I think it might have won a few Tony's.

Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

"We need to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
                  - Marsha P. Johnson

"Why not question everything?"
                  - Lynn Conway

•  

davina61

Any veg, nice bit of mashed swede, fresh carrots, runner beans with mashed spuds and brown sauce and a bit of bacon. Have to be careful with anything from the onion family as it upsets my digestive system unless cooked thoroughly.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•