Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Flying

Started by ClaireBlooming, January 16, 2024, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClaireBlooming

Any aviators/aviatrixes?  We had an aviation thread on here but it may have been a casualty of the crash.

Been flying for almost 30 years, I'm flying widebodies at a legacy airline now.  I've also gotten back into GA.  I fly a 182 regularly and I'm getting my helicopter add-on, which was always a lifelong goal of mine.  Next stop after I financially recover from the helicopter rating  ;D will be a taildragger endorsement.

It's amazing how many gender-diverse people I've met that are in aviation.  Back in the old IRC days, when our computers ran off of steam power, mentioning aviation could turn a trans chat room into a hangar flying session.  In fact, the first trans woman I ever met was a helicopter CFI. 

--Claire
  •  

BlueJaye

I was a student pilot several years ago. I ended up quitting due to financial constraints. But I am currently part of an aviation startup that I might be saying more about in the near future.
  •  

D'Amalie

I too began flight school but found it a richer citizen's game.  Now my health precludes trying again.

Good luck with the venture.  Find your balance and keep on keeping on!
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Donica

I got my PPL back in 1988. My time consist mostly in Cessna 152's, 172's, Piper PA-28's, and recently a PA-18 Super Cub, that a dear friend owns. You're not catching me at my best in this photo. This was 2 weeks post-op from GCS revision.

A fellow lady with wings.
Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •