Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you like Sweater Dresses?

Started by Paulie, January 17, 2024, 12:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

It's been kind of a cold blustery day here.  When I got home from work, I picked out a nice long sleeve sweater dress to put on.  I've got kind of a thing for them. 

I found my first one at a Goodwill store a number of years ago.  When I got home and tried it on, oh...I was hooked.

Paulie
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I love sweater dresses! Paired with some fleece-lined leggings, they look great and help keep me warm.

Long sleeves are a problem for me though. I have long arms, so the sleeves are usually several inches too short. Luckily, women's fashion is much more flexible than men's. In many cases, sleeve-length can be whatever you want it to be.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I do not have a sweater dress but do have some shirt dresses.

I also keep warmer with nearly floor length flannel nightgowns.

I do have a number of sweaters. The thicker ones get far more use in these colder months; however, the thinner ones such as my cardigans and pull-overs I use almost year round.  You do not even need to button the cardigans and they still looks good.  In fact, at least one cardigan has no buttons.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Paulie

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 17, 2024, 05:22:43 AMLong sleeves are a problem for me though. I have long arms, so the sleeves are usually several inches too short.

I was lucky enough to find 4 nice long sleeve sweater dress with sleeves long enough to reach my wrists.  One of them is a medium-petite so it's a little on the short side, but the sleeves are extra-long.  They have a thumb hole at the end of the sleeves and were meant to cover part of the hand.  On me they just come down to where a normal sleeve should fit.

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 17, 2024, 05:22:43 AMLuckily, women's fashion is much more flexible than men's. In many cases, sleeve-length can be whatever you want it to be.

I love that about women's fashion.  I have two with 1/2 length sleeves that look good. I would never have worn sleeves like that in men's cloths. 

I also have two dresses I hang with the sweater Dresses, one sleeveless, one cap sleeve.  They are of thinner material, more of a knit type dress.  They could be worn in the summer but still have that nice sweater feel to them. 

Paulie
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am unsure if I like 3/4 sleeve tops.  I think I would rather roll up long sleeves but not for more professional situations.  The 3/4 sleeves are nice for showing more of my arm to feature bracelets and my watch though. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

BrittanyCuteCD

Me personally I LOVE sweater dresses.. I own a few..
  •  

Scarlett Rose

I have a couple, I love the fact I can "dress down" paired with leggings or "dress up" paired with hose and heels
  •