News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Trans students win as Supreme Court leaves school bathroom victory in place

Started by LauraE, January 20, 2024, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauraE

Trans students win as Supreme Court leaves school bathroom victory in place

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/01/trans-students-win-as-supreme-court-leaves-school-bathroom-victory-in-place/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2024120%20Good%20News%20from%20LGBTQNation&utm_content=2024120%20Good%20News%20from%20LGBTQNation+CID_8de7400474e046ca2775226f699f9fcb&utm_source=LGBTQ%20Nation%20Subscribers&utm_term=Indiana%20trans%20student%20wins%20big%20at%20the%20Supreme%20Court

LGBTQNation by Daniel Villarreal on January 16, 2024

The U.S. Supreme Court handed transgender students and allies a victory on Tuesday by declining to hear a case on whether Indiana schools can block students from using restrooms that match their gender identities. The Court's refusal leaves in place a lower appeals court ruling that upheld the rights of trans students' rights to access the correct bathrooms.
In August, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit heard a case involving three trans boys attending schools in Martinsville and Terre Haute, Indiana. Their middle and high schools blocked their access to the boys' restroom even though the state has no law banning trans students from using the correct facilities.

When you're ready, start living your truth.
That's when the magic happens.

Laura Full-Time: November 27, 2020

My FFS Journey   | One New Life to Life (my blog)  |  Should I Stay or Should I Go |   My Breast Augmentation