Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Im confused about how i feel about my gender.

Started by Neo, January 23, 2024, 04:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo

Hello, ive decided that my best option is to talk to others who may know an answer for me. Let me explain a bit, im AFAB, but my entire time growing up ive felt awkward in dresses, makeup and just presenting as more feminine, yes i understand this can be considered as tomboy but, idk, the idea of *being* a boy has always been a thing for me cuz ive thought about it quite often. I never decided on if i could be trans because i dont mind being a woman, im just uncomfortable with alot of things related to being one. Then one of my friends called me transmasc?(ive looked up the term but am still on the fence) Ive been talking to my gf about it and how even drawing myself as a guy makes me feel like im filling something thats missing?
is there anyone who may have any advice? or have had a similar experience?
ill take any advice cuz idk
-Neo
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Hello Neo, welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

You've come to the right place. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are non-binary, others realize they are transgender, while another group may feel they fit best somewhere else along the spectrum. It may take a while to find the place where you are most comfortable, but no matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. 

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica Rose

Global Moderator

Things that you should read

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Brooke Renee

Hi @Neo and welcome to Susan's, we are all so happy to have you here! 

It sounds like you are exploring the idea of being a guy, and I get the vibe that you are (at least somewhat) encouraged to explore these feelings.  Personally, I think that is a great place to be in. 

I feel society in general, or at least the trans space, inadvertently sends the message that everyone has to be all in and any trip to one side of the binary is a one way ticket which is totally wrong.  Explore! Explore! Explore!  Give yourself plenty of time to see what is right for you!  You can always decide otherwise.  In 6 months you might be on a T regiment or you might not.  It is your story to write and you get to decide how it ends. 

Warm wishes! 

Brooke

•  

Susan

Welcome Neo!

Navigating your gender identity can be a deeply personal and sometimes complex journey. It's great that you're reaching out to understand and learn from others' experiences. Feeling discomfort with certain aspects of being identified with your assigned gender at birth (AGAB) and exploring the idea of being a different gender are experiences many people go through when considering their gender identity.

Your feelings of disconnect from traditional femininity and imagining yourself in a different gender role resonate with a lot of individuals who are questioning their gender. Remember, there's no single way to be transgender. Some people have a clear sense of identifying as a gender different from their AGAB, while for others, it's more nuanced. You might partly relate to your assigned gender but also feel a connection to another gender, or find yourself somewhere in between. The term "transmasculine" could be a concept that aligns with your experience, encompassing those who are AGAB but identify more with masculinity.

I encourage you not to rush into labeling yourself. Give yourself the space and freedom to explore various forms of expression, whether it's through your clothing, artistic endeavors like drawing, or contemplation of how you want to be perceived. Focus on what makes you feel most comfortable and authentically you.

Finding a community that understands and shares these experiences can be immensely helpful. Engaging with others who are navigating their gender identity can offer support, validation, and a sense of belonging. Look into local LGBTQ+ or trans support groups, connect with others online, or continue conversations with your girlfriend and supportive spaces like this one.

Trust in your feelings and give yourself the time you need for this journey of self-discovery. There's no need to have all the answers immediately. By respecting your emotions and seeking out supportive spaces, clarity will come in its own time. You deserve to feel at ease in your identity, and this community, including everyone here at Susan's Place, is here to support you every step of the way.

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources
Susan Larson
Founder

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

D'Amalie

Quote from: Susan on January 23, 2024, 11:35:44 AMWelcome Neo!

I encourage you not to rush into labeling yourself. Give yourself the space and freedom to explore various forms of expression, whether it's through your clothing, artistic endeavors like drawing, or contemplation of how you want to be perceived. Focus on what makes you feel most comfortable and authentically you.

Susan Larson
Founder

Neo,

You've definitely found the right place!  We're eExcited to see your story and see where you take it.  Its all up to you and all paced as you like.  You'll find so many different topics to peruse, participating as you care to.

Ciao
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Sarah B

Dear Neo

To find out more about FTM then Jackson Bird on YouTube, I hope will help you.  The videos by Jackson blew my mind.

I found it very informative from a general aspect.  I hope you find it useful in your quest to find out more about your gender.

Best Wishes and take care
Sarah B

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •