Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Wardrobe essentials

Started by Scarlett Rose, January 29, 2024, 12:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett Rose

Hi there, I guess I should have added this to my question about skirts, but hindsight is 20/20.
here's my situation. I wear women's leggings and top almost all the time. recently my DIL has encouraged me to go out with them to some drag bars etc. I don't want to spend a ton of money on things I wont have a chance to wear often but I want to build a basic wardrobe.
I have a black bra, shape wear, breast forms, hose, wig, shoes and makeup.
I assume I'll need a beige bra. what else can you suggest?
Oh and I'm 60 years old , femme measurements are 47 39 47
Thank you!
  •  

Susan

Scarlett Rose,

Embarking on the journey to create a versatile and stylish wardrobe for your exciting outings can be both enjoyable and budget-friendly. With some carefully selected key pieces, you can craft a range of fabulous, interchangeable looks.

Begin with the quintessential little black dress, an undeniable wardrobe staple. Its timeless elegance makes it suitable for both daytime and evening events. When it comes to tops, diversify with a mix of solid-color camisoles, vibrant graphic tees, and beautifully patterned tunics. These can be effortlessly paired with leggings for a chic, comfortable ensemble.

A denim or faux leather jacket serves as an excellent addition, providing a stylish finishing touch while offering versatility. In terms of footwear, wedges or block heel booties are fantastic for comfortably transitioning from day to night activities. Alternatively, flats or loafers present a sophisticated yet comfortable option.

Accessories are where your personal style can truly shine. Opt for statement jewelry, fashionable hats, and vintage-inspired bags to add a unique and personal touch to each outfit.

When selecting these pieces, prioritize fit and how they make you feel. Confidence in your attire is key. Aim to curate your wardrobe thoughtfully, focusing on quality essentials that not only suit your body type but also reflect your individual style. Thrift stores and consignment shops are treasure troves for unique, budget-friendly finds.

Above all, embrace the fun and creativity in expressing your fabulous sense of style! If you're seeking more wardrobe-building tips or have other fashion queries, feel free to reach out.

Thank you again for your invaluable feedback. Your insights are greatly appreciated and will assist me in enhancing the natural flow and variety of our conversations.

Best regards,
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

Scarlett Rose

Thank you so much! I have some booties and ballet flats but my feet are large (13-14 US women's size) its hard to find shoes but I can see where that would be an essential for me.  even white sneakers can look good with leggings. my DIL did pick up some inexpensive costume jewelry from Shein. It always looks better on the beautiful models in the ads, lol but there were some decent pieces in there.

I'm looking forward to shopping!  :icon_dance: 
  •