Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Important Update: Revising Our Language Moderation Guidelines

Started by Northern Star Girl, January 29, 2024, 04:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Subject: Important Update: Revising Our Language Moderation Guidelines

Dear Forum Family,
I hope this message finds you well. Today, I'm reaching out to share some important updates regarding our forum's language moderation guidelines. This is a reflection of our ongoing commitment to create a space that is both respectful and reflective of the evolving dynamics of our diverse community.

Updates to Our Censored Word List
We understand that language is a living entity, constantly evolving and adapting to the times. With this in mind, we've decided to revise our censored word list. Words like "boob", "boobs", and "crap" ... etc... will no longer be automatically censored. We believe these terms, in the right context, do not necessarily contribute to a negative environment. However, it's crucial to remember that context matters. While these words are no longer on our censored list, their usage in derogatory, disrespectful, or harmful ways will still be subject to moderation.

The Importance of Context
Our approach to moderation is shifting to a more context-sensitive model. Language that is inclusive, respectful, and used in a non-derogatory manner is key to fostering a supportive environment. We trust our community to use these words judiciously and with respect for others. Our moderators will continue to evaluate language use in the context it is presented.

Continuing Our Respectful and Inclusive Environment
We want to emphasize that our commitment to maintaining a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming environment remains steadfast. Disrespectful comments, flaming, or language that promotes harm or discrimination will not be tolerated. Our revised guidelines are not a relaxation of our standards but an evolution towards a more nuanced understanding of language and its impact.

Your Role and Responsibility

As members of Susan's Place, your insights, experiences, and feedback have been invaluable in shaping these changes. We encourage you to continue contributing positively, respecting the diverse perspectives in our community, and helping us maintain a safe space for all.

Feedback and Further Discussions
We understand that changes can bring about questions and discussions. We welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please feel free to share your views in a constructive and respectful manner, either in the forum or through direct messages to our moderation team.

Thank you for being a part of Susan's Place. Your involvement and support are what make our community thrive. Together, let's continue to create a forum that is both welcoming and reflective of the diverse voices that make us who we are.

Warm regards,

Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Susan's Place Transgender Resources
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single