Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What do you spend on groceries each month?

Started by Donica, January 31, 2024, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Living in SoCal all my life, I've seen the cost of food skyrocket, particularly in the last couple years. I used to get away with spending just $100 and $200 per month for a family of 4. Nowadays, I sparingly spend between $250 and $400 per month just for me. I wouldn't exactly call that splurging either.

So, it's obviously expensive to live in SoCal. How much do you generally spend each month on groceries?

Hugs!
Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

About £160 a month just for me , not long ago it was about £100.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

D'Amalie

$500USD monthly.  Three in the house now, plus three cats, with family dinners every other Sunday with the married son and his wife. 

One may eat healthily or cheaply, not both.  I carry leftovers to work for breaky and lunch three days weekly.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Maid Marion

$300 a month in Connecticut. No budget so I looked at my credit card statements for the last two months.
I'd say that I splurge more than most.  King crab, tenderloin, and day boat scallops are pricey items that come to mind. 
I am very good at buying sale items and inexpensive items from the Asian market.
I am very efficient in using eating what I buy. I don't have leftovers.  I eat what I cook.
My guess is that it averages out between the expensive items, sales, and inexpensive items.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Too much.  But I do not go to shop for groceries if I am hungry.  That likely has saved me money.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •