Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Syracuse, NY Trans Support Day

Started by Moonflower, February 18, 2024, 11:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Syracuse, NY Trans Support Day
    ()
    Peck Hall, 601 East Genesee Street, Syracuse, NY 13202

Moonflower

MFT Trans Team
Follow @mfttransteam on Instagram

A free event and place of support for the Central New York Trans Community, including resources like:

• name change & gender marker legal support
  • gender affirming surgeons
  • hormone providers
  • free clothing & makeup
  • makeup & hair tutorials

Please email tkmartin@syr.edu with any questions
Falk College of Sport & Human Dynamics
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!

cityforward

I will definitely participate. Thanks for the notice
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Hello cityforward,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

Looks like this is your first post, so allow me to welcome you.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place. We would like to get to know you.

Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Moonflower

The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

Moonflower

•  

Moonflower

It was great! My wife worked with a lawyer to change her name. We talked with our first electrologist. We finally connected with the vulvoplasty surgeon's navigator, who said that her surgery will very likely be before next winter!

The environment was festive, noisy, and cheerful. We talked with a couple people who represented an LGBTQ social organization for older people like us. We had some relaxing time in the quiet lounge.

They also had hair and makeup consultants, kids' crafts, a room full of free clothing, and snacks. People also represented various healthcare services, and a children's camp.

The gendered bathrooms were re-labeled as genderless. We took advantage of the opportunity for me to accompany my wife for her first time in a "women's" bathroom of stalls. She went in by herself before we left. Yay!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee