Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Lyft... Allowing Female and Non-binary Riders to Request Specific Drivers

Started by Jessica_Rose, February 22, 2024, 05:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Lyft Fully Launches Program Allowing Female and Non-binary Riders to Request Specific Drivers

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/lyft-fully-launches-program-allowing-female-and-non-binary-riders-to-request-specific-drivers/ar-BB1ildCv?ocid=windirect&cvid=855f49e94f8e4b84b21b7fd5dc5bac33&ei=13

Story by Alison Fox (16 Feb 2024)

Lyft will now allow female and non-binary riders to specifically request other female and non-binary drivers in the app.

The feature, called Women+ Connect, was first introduced in September and was expanded nationally this week, the rideshare app confirmed to Travel + Leisure. It will now be available in more than 240 markets.

"Drivers and riders asked for it, and Lyft is the only rideshare company with Women+ Connect in the US," Lyft CEO David Risher said in a statement. "When rideshare is better for women and nonbinary people, rideshare is better for everyone. We're proud to bring the comfort and camaraderie of Women+ Connect to millions across the country."

To access the option, riders must select their gender in the app's settings, a feature that is being rolled out across the country. When eligible customers then opt-in to the program, Lyft will prioritize matching them with a female or non-binary driver, but it is not a guarantee.

Drivers can also turn the feature on or off at any time. In cities where the feature already existed, Lyft said drivers who had it switched on kept it on 99 percent of the time.

In addition to this option, Lyft offers other safety features to put customers at ease, including the ability to share someone's location with trusted contacts in their safety settings.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Colorado Girl

I think this is a wonderful component! I typically have used Uber (on the few times I needed a rideshare) because they are usually cheaper than Lyft - but I will certainly update my app and use Lyft, because my safety is certainly worth a few dollars more!
  •