Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Enhancement - or not?

Started by Colorado Girl, February 22, 2024, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Girl

It was with much interest that I just finished reading Laura's journey through breast augmentation and it sounds as though her experience was what she hoped it would be! At my age, I'm pretty certain that I won't seek out GRS, but BA is a very real possibility. With that said, I really want to see what comes naturally before making that decision - and I'm wondering if anyone would care to share their thoughts on whether or not they're satisfied with the natural breast size that HRT has helped to produce with no expectation that BA is in their future?

Like Laura, I would be happy as a B, which is the most I can probably expect, as my mother was and my sister is no more than a B cup. If this is attainable, I'd love it!

Hugs!
Shawna
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn, Sarah B

ChrissyRyan

Well I cannot say that I have not given some thought about having a full C cup but when it comes down to it, B cup is more than I expected and achieving that has been satisfying.  So I do not see a BA for me. 

This size is good because I have the ability to emphasize or deemphasize the appearance of my breasts to some degree with what I am wearing.

Be patient as everyone's development timetable seems to vary from others, there is not set rules that after one year of supervised HRT you should move from AA to A, then in another year to a B cup or larger.  Study about BAs a lot to see if it might be right thing for you in the meantime as you wait to see how you develop.

I wish you well.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 

LoriDee

I have had the same thoughts about waiting to see how far the hormones would take me. After four years, I am not impressed. BUT, according to my Endocrinologist, my hormone levels have never been at their optimum level. I don't know if that is why or not. I read an article (I will look for it) that discussed a study of transgender satisfaction with their breast size. I'm recalling here, so my number may be way off. However, the study indicated that 51% of MtF were dissatisfied with their breast size after more than five years. Of those, over 70% elected to have BA surgery, those that did not, many just could not afford it. For me, I know that if I can ever afford it, I will. I am tall, so I feel like I need to be bigger up top to sort of balance out my physique if that makes any sense.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training

Jessica_K

Firstly age is no barrier to having SRS, I thought like you when I first started my journey that I do not need to go down that route but after 5 years I now long for it, first as min depth now full blown surgery. Life changes.

As for BA, as in all things that transition brings we have expectation that may or may not be met. It is our individual journey. Our journeys take time but there may come a point when, for you, a BA may be the only option to achieve your dream. I am very lucky to have D size breasts, happy and will not be seeking a BA

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

Colorado Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 22, 2024, 07:49:14 PMWell I cannot say that I have not given some thought about having a full C cup but when it comes down to it, B cup is more than I expected and achieving that has been satisfying.  So I do not see a BA for me. 

This size is good because I have the ability to emphasize or deemphasize the appearance of my breasts to some degree with what I am wearing.

Be patient as everyone's development timetable seems to vary from others, there is not set rules that after one year of supervised HRT you should move from AA to A, then in another year to a B cup or larger.  Study about BAs a lot to see if it might be right thing for you in the meantime as you wait to see how you develop.

I wish you well.

Chrissy

Thank you, Chrissy! I don't think it's unreasonable for me to think that hormones may bring about the breast development I'd be happy with. This is actually the second time I've began HRT...the first time around I began (according to my doctor) to experience budding and soreness very early on, which was surprising to her. So, being the eternal optimist that I am, I'm excited to see what happens this time around!
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: LoriDee on February 22, 2024, 09:58:54 PMI have had the same thoughts about waiting to see how far the hormones would take me. After four years, I am not impressed. BUT, according to my Endocrinologist, my hormone levels have never been at their optimum level. I don't know if that is why or not. I read an article (I will look for it) that discussed a study of transgender satisfaction with their breast size. I'm recalling here, so my number may be way off. However, the study indicated that 51% of MtF were dissatisfied with their breast size after more than five years. Of those, over 70% elected to have BA surgery, those that did not, many just could not afford it. For me, I know that if I can ever afford it, I will. I am tall, so I feel like I need to be bigger up top to sort of balance out my physique if that makes any sense.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-women-are-unhappy-with-breast-size-less-breast-examinations-2020-2

"A study that looked at 18,541 women from 40 nations around the world found that 71% are not happy with their cup size. 47% of women wanted larger breasts, and 23% wanted smaller breasts, the researchers found."

Welcome to everyone else's world, then. 🙂

I'm a solid B cup on a small frame and I'm happy.

In the world at large, and  to a lot of people here on the site; I think that women are reduced to a pair of breasts.

Hot take maybe, but that's the perception I get.

Hugs, Devlyn

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Faith

I'm not sure what size I am after almost 6 years. I don't wear a bra. If I need something for decency, I stick on some silicone covers.  Does "a handful" count as a size?

While I might want a little more, these are mine and they serve their purpose for lightening dysphoria. I try not to get into the trap of 'never satisfied'.  Do I really need more?  no. (and the guys agree).

GRS?  YES! I'm 63, almost 64, and pursuing it now. It's the last 'necessary' for me.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Colorado Girl

Quote from: Faith on February 23, 2024, 07:00:50 AMI'm not sure what size I am after almost 6 years. I don't wear a bra. If I need something for decency, I stick on some silicone covers.  Does "a handful" count as a size?

While I might want a little more, these are mine and they serve their purpose for lightening dysphoria. I try not to get into the trap of 'never satisfied'.  Do I really need more?  no. (and the guys agree).

GRS?  YES! I'm 63, almost 64, and pursuing it now. It's the last 'necessary' for me.
I love your attitude and outlook, Faith!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Faith

Miharu Barbie

Hi Shawna,

My experience was that I did 7 years on hormones before I considered breast implants. Most of the advice I got back in the day was that I should wait a minimum of 5 years to see what developed naturally. I went from an A cup before surgery to a D cup after. I loved my new breasts from the very beginning. My implants are now 18 years old, and I have never regretted my boob job, not for one single second. Ever.

(Umm... except on mammogram day. Every time I get a mammogram I'm terrified that an implant will burst. Fortunately that hasn't happened. Hopefully it never will.)

😳
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on February 23, 2024, 06:45:46 AMhttps://www.businessinsider.com/most-women-are-unhappy-with-breast-size-less-breast-examinations-2020-2

"A study that looked at 18,541 women from 40 nations around the world found that 71% are not happy with their cup size. 47% of women wanted larger breasts, and 23% wanted smaller breasts, the researchers found."

Welcome to everyone else's world, then. 🙂

I'm a solid B cup on a small frame and I'm happy.

In the world at large, and  to a lot of people here on the site; I think that women are reduced to a pair of breasts.

Hot take maybe, but that's the perception I get.

Hugs, Devlyn

You are probably right Devlyn.  Beyond what it takes for each hand to be full with them,  >:-)  (sorry if that thought was too naughty)  I wonder why size seems to matter that much.  Too big is not good for the back and too little brings about wishes that they were larger.  But what is too big or too little varies by person of course.  You need to have some though.  Oh yes, for sure.

I want naturally noticeable significant curves but likely will not make it there. That would be nice.  Sigh.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

I had hoped for a B cup.  That is the size of bra I wore when I cross-dressed, and I liked the look.  It was proportionate, so I never wished for larger than that.

What I grew was a small A cup.  The lingerie store measured me as a 38A, but none of the 38As they had in stock fit me.  Basically, I was a 38AA except the chart didn't go that small.  I ended up with a 36B bra and an extender.

I think that, in the several years since then, I might have grown to an honest A cup.  I should get measure again one of these days.

How do I feel about it?  Well, before I started, I looked out photos of my mother and my paternal grandmother.  Both were small.  So I had no great expectations.  They say you will end up a size smaller than your female relatives.  I certainly didn't end up bigger than them.

On the other hand, I know cis women who are smaller than me.  A good friend of ours was pretty flat-chested even before she had a double mastectomy.  She looks fine, and no one would ever doubt that she was a cis woman.  So I am well within the limits of plausibility.

What matters to me is that I have a figure.  I look in the mirror, and it is obvious that I have boobs, even if they are small.  I also grew hips, although they took longer than the boobs.  The point is that I have some decent curves.  I look female.  That was all I ever wanted.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate

BlueJaye

I was a B cup before HRT. I can thank adolescent gynecomastia for that. With HRT, I am 38D or 36DD, depending on the bra. I am satisfied with what is there and have no desire for more.
  •  

Colorado Girl

What matters to me is that I have a figure.  I look in the mirror, and it is obvious that I have boobs, even if they are small.  I also grew hips, although they took longer than the boobs.  The point is that I have some decent curves.  I look female.  That was all I ever wanted.
[/quote]

I love this way of thinking - and this is really what is important to me, too...that I look female. Thank you for your insight!

Sarah B

Hi Everybody

I started without anything and ended up with something!  I started hormones (Depo Provera and Premarin) in Feb 1989 and initially I used sponge inserts maybe to fill a 16A Cup size bra, but it stretched.  I had a training bra, beige in color, I remembered very vividly on what it looked like, of course I remember it, my first bra, who wouldn't?

I never gave a moments thought about what size they would eventually turn out to be.  I got what I got.  I never worried about what I got and the reason being, that I learned or heard that it took several years for your breasts to grow, I have an innate ability to be very patient and of course I waited for them to grow.

Breast sizes usually end up being smaller than your mothers size.  I understand some women are not satisfied with their breast size, so they will seek augmentation to make them feel happy and confident in themselves.

I do not know how long I used inserts for, however there came a time when I did not use them, because, one day, I must have forgotten them and when I noticed this.  I was leaning over my drafting board, I realized that I did not have them in and nobody as far as I know, did not know any change in my appearance.

So I thought, time to move on and I never put the inserts in again, well maybe once or twice.  I graduated from being a prepubescent young girl who was a little conscious of having breasts that needed help and graduated to a young woman who was confident in what she had.

After years or working and living and not worrying about my breasts, all I know is, that I ended up with my breasts being 18C.  The question remains would I enhance my breasts? No, because I happy and confident in what I have and women's breasts come in all shapes and sizes, so I'm just another women with breasts.  The only time, I would ever consider having any surgery would be to enhance my cleavage.

Best Wishes and Hugs to everyone
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Athena

I am currently waiting to hear back from GRS Montreal for SRS. I really hope to be able to fly down to Cancun to get my BA. Flying down buisness/first class and staying at a resort for a week would likely be cheaper than getting it done in Canada. I am still waiting on an actual quote back to see exactly if it might be feasible to do so in the next year or two.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

Nadine Spirit

I have thought quite a bit about breast augmentation. As well, I've done a bunch of my therapy sessions on that topic as well. I'm hoping that will be enough for me to avoid actually doing a ba. I just really would prefer to figure out how to be happy with what I've got. I know, everyone sees my photos and thinks, um, yeah, be happy, but it isn't what other people see is it? It's what we see and what we want to see. So for now, no, no augmentation. I'm trying to be happy with what I've got. But if I'm still struggling with this issue 5 years from now then I'm going to get them done.

Maid Marion

Hi Nadine,

Another option may be to wear a push up bra.  It may allow you to achieve the appearance you want without surgery. 

Experiment with different clothes. I notice that a lot of clothes can be purchased individually rather than in  sets, to better match your tops and bottoms than you can do with a dress.

Symmetry usually looks better that being top or bottom heavy.  The careful choice of colors and patterns can also help to achieve symmetry.

Marion

•  

Karen_A

The decision is personal one that is based on a number of factors taken together.

For myself I had almost no natural development... I saw number of older guys with mild gynecomastia jogging that had more "natural" development than I.

If I had a small and slight build I'm not sure I would have done it...
As much as possible I wanted my body to be "me, naturally female" as much as possible. I never wore any padding or such because of that.

But I had a BIG build with a big ribcage, and was tall (before I shrank a good but with age, and back issues). HRT did not shift fat much if any fat around me (so no backside or hips to speak of), and I very much also wanted to be be able to bend/pass (or whatever the politically correct term might be these days - if there is one for that)...

So I went ahead and got augmentation along with SRS back in 1998.

But that was during the time when silicon implants were outlawed in the US so they had to be saline (500cc overfilled a bit) - left the size decision to surgeon as if figured he coudl just best what looked good on me....

That got me to C (48 B bras were very difficult to find so a C really a step smallest practical size for me)...

While they looked OK my breasts did not move or feel natural... which came with it's own type of dysphoria - made made me feel like I would get judged more harshly When i was read for being "fake" - complicated mix of emotions about that... and if my marriage had not survived , and I was more passable and better looking, I am pretty sure I would have dated men - and that would have made it worst (I know that after SRS I found myself with a strong physical desire for that - but I don't know if i could have emotionally connected that way)

I have had the implants for over 24 years now, and I know there is a good probability that at least one of them could "deflate" at any time . Not sure what I would do about it then given my current age and my situation.

The decision to have augmentation or not is a complicated emotional one for many, that one really needs to think about.

-Karen

Gina P

I have also thought about BA. After a year and a half on HRT, I have seen a good bit of development, now at a C cup. But on 44" ribs and broad shoulders it doesn't look impressive. I guess it looks average for a woman of 61. My breasts are still growing and still a bit sore, which is affirming things are still happening there. I will probably wait a while to do it but the desire to be a D cup is real. When I go out my bra of choice is a Fall Sweet add a size push up. Adds a little cleavage but it would be nice to not have to make things look bigger than they are, as there is a bit of dysphoria in doing this. To add to that when I was undressing my wife says, "your breasts don't look feminine. They look like when you were working out". Argh.
Gina
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

That comment by your wife is a bummer, that really stings. Sorry that happened. However, please keep in mind that a C cup is still the average cup size among cis women.

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •