Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Progesterone Shortage?

Started by Colorado Girl, February 24, 2024, 09:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Girl

Yesterday, my pharmacy was FINALLY able to fill my progesterone prescription after having it on hold for about 10 days. My pharmacist said up until now, it had been more than 3 months since they were able to fill progesterone prescriptions. A quick Google search confirmed a scarcity, but no explanation as to why by the manufacturer. Have any of you had to deal with this as well?
  •  

Mariah

Quote from: Colorado Girl on February 24, 2024, 09:56:30 AMYesterday, my pharmacy was FINALLY able to fill my progesterone prescription after having it on hold for about 10 days. My pharmacist said up until now, it had been more than 3 months since they were able to fill progesterone prescriptions. A quick Google search confirmed a scarcity, but no explanation as to why by the manufacturer. Have any of you had to deal with this as well?
I haven't had an issue. Are you referring to the injectable kind or the pills? Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I do not use P.  I once tried over the counter P creams but stopped after I read that the cream might actually be counterproductive to breast development.  My physicians have never cited P being necessary for me.  I never used progesterone pills. 

So I have not noticed any progesterone shortage because I am not using it.

From time to time there is a scarcity in a number of medicines, in various parts of the world.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Everybody

Like Chrissy, I have never had progesterone and I did not know about it, until around 2010 and hearing about it on Susan'.  So for 36 years I have not had progesterone.

I spoke to Dr Alice in regards to progesterone and I said, I do not know how it would effect me and the jury is still out on the benefits of using it".  She tended to agree with me on this.  More research is needed in regards to us in this area.  So I guess I will have to do more research.

Have a nice day and the weather down here is clearing up, after nearly 24 hours of rain.

Take care and have a nice weekend

Best Wishes and Hugs to everyone
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

LoriDee

I get my meds through the VA pharmacy, but they are mailed. I think they come from Kansas City or Arizona. Definitely not local.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Colorado Girl

Quote from: Mariah on February 24, 2024, 10:35:39 AMI haven't had an issue. Are you referring to the injectable kind or the pills? Hugs
Mariah
Hi! I'm taking it in pill form.
  •  

Jessica_K

Not noticed any issues yet! I have few weeks of pills left so will see.

I have noticed a change over the 4 months I have taken them. First unwanted hair such as on the face grows much less slowly and my face is incredibly soft. And of course the breasts, they have filled out more, a bit more rounded and more cleavage. I have no side effects so I will keep taking it. But I think it's effects are part of ones individual mileage, more so than E.

Hugs
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

Zoey Starr

My usual pharmacy was experiencing a shortage. I called other pharmacies in my insurance network and found someone who could fill a 90 day supply. I hope the issue is sorted out by the time I need a refill.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Mariah

Quote from: Colorado Girl on February 25, 2024, 12:45:18 PMHi! I'm taking it in pill form.
Interesting. I guess we will see if I'm impacted in the future since I'm also on the pill. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Jessica_K

Got my Utrogestan without problem. I have another 3 months supply now

Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

LoriDee

I talked to my pharmacist earlier this week because my progesterone must be refilled. There was a note that said "manufacturer backlog". Fortunately, she was able to find another source. Like you, I now have a 3-month supply. Yay!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

ChrissyRyan

I hope there is no more of a shortage.  I do not use P.

What is interesting early this morning is that my breasts are tingly.
I wonder if they will be growing again.  This feeling reminds me of when they did grow a bit more.

Have a nice day. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •