Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Arizona wrestler becomes first girl to win high school state title

Started by Jessica_Rose, February 26, 2024, 10:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Arizona wrestler becomes first girl to win high school state title

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/arizona-wrestler-becomes-first-girl-to-win-high-school-state-title/ar-BB1iRqZ4?ocid=windirect&cvid=3a0c924efbd645769d282d31f9751858&ei=57

Story by Scott Thompson (25 Feb 2024)

An Arizona teen became the first female to ever win a high school wrestling state title while competing against boys this past weekend.

Audrey Jimenez, an 18-year-old from Sunnyside High School in Tucson,  in the 106-pound weight class, and she can forever call herself a state champion.

"The crowd was just super crazy," Jimenez told Scripps News Phoenix. "So that's what made it seem more of like, 'Oh wow, like I just won state.'"

Now, Jimenez is used to winning state titles in her high school career, but it always came against girls. For the past three years, she's been required to compete against girls despite facing boys during the regular season.

This year, however, her coaches asked the Arizona Interscholastic Association to allow Jimenez to compete against boys in the state tournament, which was granted.

===========================================================================

Strange. Where is the uproar over women destroying men's sports? Just a little sarcasm. I wish Audrey continued success.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 26, 2024, 10:18:11 AM

Strange. Where is the uproar over women destroying men's sports? Just a little sarcasm. I wish Audrey continued success.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Yeah, right?

I've seen high school women swimmers headed to Div 1 swim markedly faster than boys headed to Div 3; said boys competing under Title IX.

sigh
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•