Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chest hair on long-term E

Started by suzifrommd, March 01, 2024, 06:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

I've been on E for eleven years now, had my bottom surgery 10 years ago. Since that time, my chest hair has continued to grow and need shaving about once a week. I lasered off all the dark hairs so all that's left are the white ones.

I'm "getting on in years" and my endo decreased my E dosage a few months ago so that I'll have E levels similar to post-menopausal cis AFAB women.

Now I've noticed that my chest hair has essentially stopped growing and no longer needs my once a week shave.

Anyone else experience this? Is there any reason why this should be? At this point I don't know if it's correlation or causation, but I'm really curious.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Rachel

Hi, long time since I saw you on Susan's.

I never had much body hair, mostly facial hair. I have no chest hair. What very little I had went away years ago. I go a left sleeve tattoo outline and the tattoo artist said he did not need to shave my arm hair. There were just a little bit of really small fine hairs.

I am on a higher dose of E. I take no T.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

LoriDee

I've been on E for four years. I never had much chest hair. I used to brag that "grass doesn't grow on a playground". But like you, after E the dark hairs disappeared. The light-colored hairs are very fine, almost invisible. The hair in my armpits stopped growing almost totally. I can get away with shaving the pits once every two months. Still have dark hair on my arms and legs but the hair is finer and not as noticeable.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

big kim

I went from bear to bare! A few months on premarin & 3 or 4 waxings & it never came back.
  •  

KathyLauren

I never had much chest hair to begin with (Thanks, DES!) and what I did have disappeared quickly after I started HRT.  I recall shaving off a dozen or so hairs at the beginning and then not having to do anything much after that.

The body can convert estrogen to testosterone and vice versa.  So maybe your body was producing some T from the E and that was causing the continued growth of hair.  The reduction in dosage might have deprived the conversion process of its raw material.  Just a speculative thought.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jessica_Rose

When I was growing up people would say 'try this, it will put hair on your chest'. I curse them daily. It took five years of electrolysis to rid my chest of dark hairs. I still have some light ones popping up occasionally, but nothing that would make me look out of place on a topless beach.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

LoriDee

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on March 03, 2024, 07:38:45 PMWhen I was growing up people would say 'try this, it will put hair on your chest'. I curse them daily.

I'm dying over here. That had me chuckling.  :laugh:
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

noleen111

Quote from: suzifrommd on March 01, 2024, 06:42:26 AMI've been on E for eleven years now, had my bottom surgery 10 years ago. Since that time, my chest hair has continued to grow and need shaving about once a week. I lasered off all the dark hairs so all that's left are the white ones.

I'm "getting on in years" and my endo decreased my E dosage a few months ago so that I'll have E levels similar to post-menopausal cis AFAB women.

Now I've noticed that my chest hair has essentially stopped growing and no longer needs my once a week shave.

Anyone else experience this? Is there any reason why this should be? At this point I don't know if it's correlation or causation, but I'm really curious.

I never had much chest hair to start with as I was 21 when I started E, now some 13 plus years later, it never really appeared. I did shave, what little chest hair I had, in the beginning.. but somewhere long my journey, i stopped as it was not necessary anymore

Quote from: LoriDee on March 02, 2024, 09:28:29 PMI've been on E for four years. I never had much chest hair. I used to brag that "grass doesn't grow on a playground". But like you, after E the dark hairs disappeared. The light-colored hairs are very fine, almost invisible. The hair in my armpits stopped growing almost totally. I can get away with shaving the pits once every two months. Still have dark hair on my arms and legs but the hair is finer and not as noticeable.

Hugs!

I also had dark hair on arms and legs, i started shaving my arms (from fingers to shoulder), not long after I started shaving my legs (I shave from toes to hips). I cant tell you if the hair came back, as still today I still shave my arms every 2nd day along with my legs. I love that smooth feeling. I hairless arms I feel makes me look more feminine.

Two things my husband has never seen, my arm hairs and my natural hair color.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •