Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are your favorite soups?

Started by ChrissyRyan, March 02, 2024, 01:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

What are your favorite soups?  Do you eat it with crackers?

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

big kim

Oxtail, brocolli & Stilton, pea & ham
Crackers are for cheese in England!
  •  

Jessica_K

Minestrone to which I add a spoon-full of Sambal. Lovely. I eat it with a crusty roll and butter

Crackers never eaten with soup.

Hugs
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_K on March 02, 2024, 04:50:20 PMMinestrone to which I add a spoon-full of Sambal. Lovely. I eat it with a crusty roll and butter

Crackers never eaten with soup.

Hugs
Xxx

No one has yet said they like stone soup. LOL

There are lots of soups that I like.  We can expand this to chowders too.

I like chicken soup for sure, if it has a lot of meaty chicken in it and not just broth.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

SoupSarah

I don't know, but my husbands favourite soup is me!.   :embarrassed:
Beware the darkness of dragons, Beware the stalker of dreams, Beware the talons of power and fire, Beware one who is not what she seems.

Sarah B

Hello SoupSarah

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you back to Susan's Place!

I hope to get to know you and your contributions to Susan's will appreciated as they were in the past, especially in the area of DID.  I do not know if you lost any posts in the intervening years, when Susan's Crashed and lost about 4 years of post.  If not then all is good.

You said:

Quote from: SoupSarah on March 09, 2024, 07:04:23 PMI don't know, but my husbands favourite soup is me!.   :embarrassed:

Very tasty I hope, also funny.

I have only just returned after an absence of 12 years from Susan's and I still find the information available from other members still valuable.  I hope you find the information that is available of use to you.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and reintroduce yourself and tell us what has happened during the years you have been away.  I would very much appreciate what has happened to you, so that I can learn from you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact, the Forum Admin Danielle Northern Star Girl alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@SoupSarah

Things that you should read

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Paulie

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 02, 2024, 01:35:03 PMWhat are your favorite soups?  Do you eat it with crackers?

Homemade turkey soup.  Made after Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Boil the carcass to get all of the meat off of the bones and to make the broth.  Then Potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, rice, barley, small pasta shells, Italian spices, Worcestershire sauce, and a little tabasco sauce.  The onions and pasta get added near the end so's not to overcook them.

It's a pretty hearty soup, no crackers required. 

Paulie.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

davina61

I have made broccoli soup to use up the broccoli , simple and easy. Shallot or onion with a bit of olive oil till soft, stick of celery then veg stock . add 2 chopped potatoes and the broccoli and cook till done then blend (no need to add S&P with the stock cubes I use.   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Paulie

Quote from: davina61 on March 10, 2024, 09:57:56 AMI have made broccoli soup to use up the broccoli , simple and easy. Shallot or onion with a bit of olive oil till soft, stick of celery then veg stock . add 2 chopped potatoes and the broccoli and cook till done then blend (no need to add S&P with the stock cubes I use. 

My wife use to buy broccoli just to make broccoli soup. I don't know her recipe but it seem very similar to what your describing.  It's very good, one of my favorites.  That would be the whole meal, maybe some baked bread with it.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Mariah

Clam Chowder is by far my favorite. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I like a hearty chicken soup.  Noodles in it are just fine too. 
  •  

Senkusha

I have two favorites.  One I've mastered and made my own.  The other I have to try to make at home.

My masterpiece is a copycat Zuppa Tuscana soup from Olive Garden.  When I make it, I make about 20 quarts.

1 pound of Sage Sausage
1 pound of Hot Italian Sausage
1 pound of Original Sausage
4 strips of Bacon, diced.
6 to 8 Potatoes, sliced thinly
1 large Onion, diced
1 bunch of Kale, stripped and torn into pieces
1 bulb of Garlic
1 TBsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
4 cups of Chicken Stock/Broth
1 quart of Heavy Whipping Cream
1 stick of Butter (8 TBsp)
1 or 2 cups of grated Parmesan-Romano cheese blend
Water

First, preheat the oven at 350, and place the garlic on a baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil and roast for about ten minutes.  Meanwhile, add the bacon to the stock pot, and cook for about five or six minutes.  Then add the sausuage.  Cook for about ten minutes.  Add the onion, cook until translucent.  The meats should be cooked and browned by now, and the garlic should be done.  Add the garlic to the pot with the chicken stock and potatoes.  Fill to 3/4 the top with water (everything should be covered by the liquid.  Add the Cayenne Pepper.  Cook on high, while covered for about 30 minutes.

Once the potatoes are done, reduce to a low heat and add the heavy cream and butter, give everything a good stir and cover.  Cook for about 15 minutes.  Add the cheese, cook for about ten minutes.  Add the Kale, cook for about two to five minutes.  Stir the bottom of the pot occasionally to ensure nothing sticks/burns.  Serve and add a sprinkle of more cheese to the top.

I'll eat like four bowls of this soup in one sitting.  One pot might last a week.

My second favorite soup is Miso soup.  For this soup I know that I"ll need:

Dashi (a fish stock)
Green Onion
Shiitake Mushrooms
Red Bean paste?
Soy Sauce?

And beyond that, I'm not sure.  I'll have to find a recipe again.  I love this soup so much that I'd eat it every morning, just like the Japanese do!  I order it every time I go to a Japanese restaurant.  Sadly, I haven't had it in about a year since that's when my budget dropped through the floor.
  •