Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

RE- Introduction Of Me (Alexa)

Started by Alexa08, March 06, 2024, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexa08

Hello and good afternoon to you all (atleast in the UK anyway, i know theres time differences)

I felt that my previous introduction lacked somewhat in definition, today i shall correct this and give some depth into my journey, i apoligise in advanced if some words are out of context this is due to my autisum. this story/journey is still ongoing i will update, maybe add a blog for my journey and experiences. i'm still very new to susans place, though i was previously here this was around 8 years ago!! gosh.. :)

so without further a-do here we go :)

My name is Alexa for some, you may remember me. i joined susans place in 2016. At the time i was 27 years of age, at the very start of my journey and was on the waiting list with the GIC. During 2017 my life took a dramatic turn which resulted in me going into a downward spiral of anxiety and depression, i found that being on social media platforms was alittle un-nerving for me. As a result i had a breif hitus from susans place my account however still remained (yay). Anyway i approuched my doctors and with the aid of antidepressants sought to try and fix myself, it was a challenge but i felt i could see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak and worked myself towards this. by the end of 2017 i was living in sheffeild and had been offered my first appointment with the GIC by June of 2018, my second was to follow in October of 2018 and then finally starting HRT in December of 2018. During this time i returned to susans place to seek support which to no doubt i got (thank you) :). By late 2019 due to relationship complications i stopped HRT a decision i would live to regret. My partner at the time was not accepting of my transition and felt that she couldn't be classed a Bi-sexual partner (these were her words of course), however as the relationship progressed i found that it made me un-happy deep down and this projected onto other aspects of our relationship. we broke up in july of 2020, as much as i felt sad i also felt release, i could never explain this release and still can't, some freinds close to me explain this could be rooted to the woman i'm to become meaning she felt trapped because of my previous decision (This slightly confused me but i understood what it outlined). I went to my doctors again having a indepth conversation of the last year and what i had experienced, the same conversation was to happen with my GIC clinician. I underwent a number of face-to-face appointements and finally in February of 2023 restarted my HRT again, of course COVID-19 had a fundermental role in the delay of this due to the GIC restricting face-to-face appointments during and before lockdown. I'm now 34 years of age living my current life as the woman i really want to be and have began lazer hair removal in march of 2023, i currently have 1 session left out of 8. now if i do have anyform of relationships i'll explain myself, also explaining that i wish not to change this if they felt this to be a issue, i'm not as shy as i was i will basically tell anyone in black and white, truthfully and honestly, this is also credit to my unbringing though, on a day to day basis i repair and fix mobile phones laptops and computers, take my dog for awalk, shes a 1 year old akita X labrador named bella (shes lovely bless her), i enjoy going out with freinds i'm not a massisive drinker will only ever drink on occasion. i apoligise if this is so long, when i ment in depth i ment it hehe :) but i shocked my self with how much i'd writen. i look forward to the future here on susans place. the members, admins, greeters and moderators all seem lovely. thank you very much for acommidating me here it really means alot :)

tgirlamg

Hello and Welcome Back Alexa!!!

I do recall you from what is now "the old days of 2016" 😅 (that's the year I joined with my original account too)

Kudos to you for navigating the twists and turns in the winding path towards finding yourself, your place in the world and your place in life amongst others.

I look forward to seeing things blossom even more for you in the days to come! All good things to you and Bella! 💕🐶💕

Onward We Go Brave Sister!

Ashley 😀💕🌻

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

Northern Star Girl

@Alexa08
Dear Alexa:
I am so very glad to see that you were able to get back onto the Susan's Place Forum after our New Years Day site crash.
I see that on another thread that you were Officially Re-Welcomed yesterday by one of our Greeters, @LoriDee.
Since things have changed a little since your were previously on the site, please give a close look at the
information that she had provided to you in her Welcome Message.

Again, I am happy that your were able to return successfully and I will be looking forward to your resumption
of your involvement here on the Forum.

HUGS and my best wishes to you.
Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

LoriDee

Alex08, thank you for that great introduction!

Many of us can relate to the struggles involved in finding ourselves, supportive relationships, doctor's visits, medications, and even surgeries. We all have different experiences, yet as we read each other's stories, we find common experiences, feelings, and fears. I have found Susan's Place to be more than just a place for information. As we share our experiences and receive support, advice, and encouragement from other members it is sometimes better than therapy!

Keep us informed of how you are doing, and even what you are doing (transition and otherwise). If you ever need help, reach out to us. Let us help you through it.

Glad you came back!

Hugs!

Lori
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Alexa08

Colorado Girl

Welcome, Alexa! I too have dealt with many twists, turns, and temporary roadblocks along the way, so I can really appreciate what it's taking for you to live your authentic life! Since you've mentioned a welcoming experience here at Susan's Place from before, I'm sure you feel a sense of "coming home" as you reconnect now. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts and experiences moving forward!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee, Alexa08