News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hello, Everyone

Started by Yvanektara, March 18, 2024, 09:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvanektara

Hello, everyone, from Yvanektara:

A few may know me but not from this site. I had never been here previously. I'm M2F, post-op for many years and have been visible in the trans community for a quarter century; even longer in writing communities as one focusing upon spiritualities, religions, and philosophies while working for civil rights causes. Right now, I'm using a different handle because the struggle for our right to exist now primarily goes to the next generation and it's for me not to tell a lengthy story, but to support their voices as much as possible. Some amazing people are rising up now and I admire them no less than I admired those of my own generation decades ago. It's their time, not mine. I'm okay with that.

These days I work for a radio station in the Pacific Northwest as an office manager, supporting our local programmers where I can. I've been a husband and I've been a wife. I've tasted various facets of love and dreamed dreams beyond the comprehension of most. Now I'm an old widow, turning my attention to my community ready to hand while I still have life just because I can; and in this I have found great fulfilment. If life be a lottery, then I've won a great fortune that I had not been able to foresee in my youth.

You see, there was a time I had thought I was the only one like me, with the word "transgender" nowhere in the vernacular. I had thought myself cursed, even failing at trying to end my own life. It's well to have been that kind of failure because of the things I had witnessed and learned over the decades since. Now I look back and can say that it was worth living after all... the struggle, the pain, the family rejection, the discrimination. For it all I owe great thanks to the right people I had found along the way. Now it's for me to be that right person when mentoring people who have sought my help; and for those who also struggle, I have reason to believe that they can find a future even more epic than what I had realized for myself.

Northern Star Girl

@Yvanektara
Dear Yvanektara:

I am so very glad that you followed the LINK I gave to you in my Welcome Message on another thread earlier today after you posted your very first post on yesterday .... and came here to the Introductions Forum  to tell more members about yourself.

I have to say... your Introduction Post was so very interesting and informative.  You history of your transition, your work and employment, and your life experience offer a glimpse of what it is like to successfully transition... this is important for our members that are still struggling with the trials and tribulations that they are dealing with in their own life transition endeavors. I look forward to your involvement here on the Forum as you visit the various topics and threads and offer your reply comments and thoughts.

Now that you have let many more members know about your arrival on the forums you can expect more friendly and informational comment and thought exchange.

You may even find that you will make new like-minded friends as you get more involved.

Wishing you well, and again, WELCOME !!!
Warmly,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

tgirlamg

Welcome Aboard Dear Sister!!!

Onward We Go!

Ashley 🙋�♀️💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Yvanektara

Sarah B

Hello Yvanektara

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

I glad that Danielle our Forum Administrator has greeted you warmly to Susan's.

I had my surgery like you many years ago and unlike you I like working behind the curtain. I'm a teacher by trade and my philosophy on life is "to pass on my knowledge to others".  I have loved and been loved and so near to being married yet so far.  It hurts you deeply when someone you love dies.

Your experience and knowledge will help other members of Susan's.  You can read about my story (still in progress), in a link listed below my signature.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be. You will always be welcome at Susan's Place.

Once you feel comfortable here and if you like maybe you could add a little bit more about yourself in the Introductions Forum. I'm always learning something from other members of Susan's.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact, the Forum Admin Danielle Northern Star Girl alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter

Things that you should read

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Welcome Yvanektara!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colorado Girl

Welcome, welcome, welcome! And THANK YOU for your very thought-provoking insights in response to my "Vivid Dream" post. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better - as I'm sure many others are as well!
  •  

Senkusha

Welcome to the site!  As a newbie myself, I've learned there's SO many topics to discuss here!
  •  

Paulie

Welcome Yvanektara!

Paulie.
  •