Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

England’s health service to stop prescribing puberty blockers to transgender kid

Started by Sarah B, March 20, 2024, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah B

England's health service to stop prescribing puberty blockers to transgender kids

Source:  https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/13/uk/england-nhs-puberty-blockers-trans-children-intl-gbr/index.html
Author:  Tara John, CNN
Date:      12:07 PM EDT, Fri March 15, 2024

QuoteEngland's National Health Service (NHS) has stopped prescribing puberty blockers for children and young people with gender dysphoria or gender incongruence, saying there is "not enough evidence to support the safety or clinical effectiveness" of puberty-suppressing hormones.

NHS England said it made the decision, which was widely condemned by LGBTQ groups, after it "carefully considered" an evidence review it commissioned in 2020. It also reviewed evidence.....

Puberty blockers will now only be available to young people in clinical research trials and some private clinics, .....

According to the NHS clinical policy, treatment for young people "focuses on psychosocial and psychological support.".....

Stonewall, a LGBTQ campaign group in the UK, criticized Tuesday's announcement, .....

"For some, an important part of this care comes in the form of puberty blockers, a reversible treatment that delays the onset of puberty, prescribed by expert endocrinologists, ....

Gender-affirming care is medically necessary, evidence-based care that uses a multidisciplinary approach to help a person transition.....

In the US, where several Republican-led states have banned gender-affirmative healthcare for young people, every major medical association agrees that gender-affirming care is clinically appropriate for children and adults. This includes the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, .....

****************************************************************************************

There have been main stream scientists who have said one thing and have been totally proven wrong.  For example Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren. (Nobel prize in Physiology) for their discovery of "the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, which causes ulcers and not stress as the main stream scientists said so. 

The story of Ignaz Semmelweis, The Man Who Discovered that Hand Washing Saves Lives.  This sounded ridiculous to the eminent scientists of Vienna, who ignored, rejected and ridiculed Semmelweis' great idea.  He was finally vindicated in the same year of his death or after, that germs was the cause of many deaths in the hospital system at the time.

So there are papers that say pubertal blockers are safe and others that say they are not.  So is the NHS right?  Where is the report and the papers that say that pubertal blockers are not safe.  This would leave the impression of 'Appeal to Authority" a fallacy in and of itself.

Kind Regards
Sarah B
PS  This post was modified to present the story in an extract format and some cosmetic changes
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

I stand corrected the papers in regards to the NHS banning pubertal blockers are located in this link.

Kind Regards
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Here in the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration will not approve any medicine they have not tested themselves. Supplement manufacturers add the label disclaimer:

"This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease".

Then reference websites like WebMD, Rx.com, Drugs.com, etc. parrot the FDA by saying "There are no studies to show that this works."

Meanwhile, in China and India, they have 5,000 years of experience and anecdotal evidence that it works.

???
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

big kim

Puberty blockers are still being prescribed to kids with learning disabilities. They were prescribed many years before they were given to trans kids yet no one raised an eyebrow!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jessica_K

I have been mentioning this for sometime as it has been on the cards. The NHS is funded by the UK government and does what the government wants. The UK government is transphobic and has gender critical ministers in control. This directive is not based on science but political. The "help" that will be given to trans kids will be talking therapies that is code for conversion therapies Bash the trans out of the kids.

First the youth, then the adults. No gender confirming drugs are licensed for gender incongruence and none "proven" in studies to be safe or work. So the NHS at any time in the future can use this to ban all medication for adults too.

Unlike the US, we do not have a codified constitution. We do have a Supreme Court but if the do interfere then the govenment is prepared to pass laws that claim sovereignty and ban access to the court and the European human rights courts too. See the Rwanda bill going through at the moment that encodes in law a "fact" without evidence and as it is a fact it cannot be challenged.

Hugs
Jessica xx

Hugs
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

I reread the article briefly and the following passage caught my attention;

QuoteAccording to the NHS clinical policy, treatment for young people "focuses on psychosocial and psychological support." Gender-affirming hormones and surgery may be available later or in adulthood.

Now where have I seen this before?  Yes, that's right, it's like history repeating itself, going back when being gay was illegal and all sorts of treatment were used including aversion therapy.  "Maybe available later", in other words 'Gate Keeping' and delaying the process as much as possible so the clients will go away, which in the long run will cause more psychological damage.

Basically this time around the treatment seems like more psychological pressure.  There was a story from NPR and the treatment of two transgender children, where one child was allowed to express themselves with out any interference.  The other child was stopped at every turn by experts.  You can guess which child thrived and the one who did not.

What is happening in America is spilling over into England.  It will get reversed later on.  In the mean time affected parents will find a way around this current restriction.

Leave the child alone and let them develop as themselves with guidance not restrictions.

I was Fracking Furious then, when I heard it for the first time and even remembering it now, I still feel the same way.

I will leave it at that.

Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jessica_K

Sarah B

Hi Jessica

Great minds think alike.  Jessica I was writing my article at the time you posted yours.

Hugs
Sarah B
@Jessica_K
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

I was following several links in the above article and I came across the following name 'Laidlaw'.  So I entered 'Laidlaw transphobic' in my search engine 'Palemoon' and low and behold the results were astounding, to say the least.

One that I came across was this article from MotherJones and is the most damaging to us as the article describes a vast network of hatred that is being used us and the legislation being introduced to stop gender care:

anti trans transgender heath care ban legislation bill minors children lgbtq

The rest of the results that were returned debunk 'Dr Michael Laidlaw', in someway and in a sense this is not even the 'tip of the iceberg'.

One interesting website 'Gender Analysis' was:

Dr Michael laidlaw et al publish anti trans letter with more errors than paragraphs part 1

What impression do I get from these two websites alone?  An extensive rabbit termite warren.  I will leave it up to you, to take it as far as you want.  This has done my head in.

Hugs and a bigger Hug from me
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •