Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Mono-tasking office jobs?

Started by Senkusha, March 21, 2024, 10:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I'm posting this here, because it doesn't quite fit "employment opportunities".

I'm getting older, and less physically capable.  I also have ADHD (though I'm don't remember if it's ever been diagnosed, but I have many of the symptoms).  I'm looking for office work that does not rely heavily on the ability to multi-task.  I've done software support in the past for a number of years, and while I loved the challenge and the ability to help customers, I got burned out by the quotas and micromanagement of the job.  So, I'm familiar with life in the "cube farm".  It just seems, scrolling through all the various office jobs available, many of them require multitasking.  Are there any office jobs out there that I can just focus on one thing at a time?

I know that right now the job market is complete crap-shoot, at least here in United States.  Keep in mind that although I've attempted college three separate times, I still don't have a degree, and I don't think I'll have the ability to get one before I expire.

Thanks for allowing me to vent?
  •  

Mariah

Senkusha,

I wish most office jobs didn't require multitasking. Sadly most do because of workload and understaffing. I can relate to that issue since the TBI I ended up with along my getting older as well. I have been fortunate of late that they are not focusing so much on my handle time otherwise I would have lost my job by now. I hope you're able to locate something that doesn't require multitasking. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Maid Marion

There may be some data entry jobs that require less multi-tasking.
Though, where I worked, they tested folks to see if they had skills to move up to higher paying jobs.
  •